Sep 21, 2010, 8:14 PM EDT
According to Jim Bowden of Sirius XM, “a reliable source” has told him that Kevin Towers will be offered the Diamondbacks’ general manager job. Should he accept, an official announcement could come as soon as tomorrow.
Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com told us earlier today that Towers was back in Arizona for a second interview, so Bowden’s information doesn’t sound like a large leap. Bowden is also a former general manager, for what it’s worth, so he probably has his fair share of decent sources in this area.
Just yesterday, Rosenthal and Jon Paul Morosi said that the Diamondbacks hoped to name their new general manager within the next few days. Money will be a factor here, but it’s hard to believe the Diamondbacks will lowball Towers if they truly prefer him over interim general manager Jerry DiPoto.
- Jose Abreu is third-fastest in MLB history to reach 30 career home runs 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 4
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 200
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (200)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)