Sep 21, 2010, 8:14 PM EDT
According to Jim Bowden of Sirius XM, “a reliable source” has told him that Kevin Towers will be offered the Diamondbacks’ general manager job. Should he accept, an official announcement could come as soon as tomorrow.
Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com told us earlier today that Towers was back in Arizona for a second interview, so Bowden’s information doesn’t sound like a large leap. Bowden is also a former general manager, for what it’s worth, so he probably has his fair share of decent sources in this area.
Just yesterday, Rosenthal and Jon Paul Morosi said that the Diamondbacks hoped to name their new general manager within the next few days. Money will be a factor here, but it’s hard to believe the Diamondbacks will lowball Towers if they truly prefer him over interim general manager Jerry DiPoto.
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 7
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 11
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 88
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (89)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)