Sep 21, 2010, 8:14 PM EST
According to Jim Bowden of Sirius XM, “a reliable source” has told him that Kevin Towers will be offered the Diamondbacks’ general manager job. Should he accept, an official announcement could come as soon as tomorrow.
Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com told us earlier today that Towers was back in Arizona for a second interview, so Bowden’s information doesn’t sound like a large leap. Bowden is also a former general manager, for what it’s worth, so he probably has his fair share of decent sources in this area.
Just yesterday, Rosenthal and Jon Paul Morosi said that the Diamondbacks hoped to name their new general manager within the next few days. Money will be a factor here, but it’s hard to believe the Diamondbacks will lowball Towers if they truly prefer him over interim general manager Jerry DiPoto.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 3
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 293
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)