Sep 21, 2010, 8:14 PM EDT
According to Jim Bowden of Sirius XM, “a reliable source” has told him that Kevin Towers will be offered the Diamondbacks’ general manager job. Should he accept, an official announcement could come as soon as tomorrow.
Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com told us earlier today that Towers was back in Arizona for a second interview, so Bowden’s information doesn’t sound like a large leap. Bowden is also a former general manager, for what it’s worth, so he probably has his fair share of decent sources in this area.
Just yesterday, Rosenthal and Jon Paul Morosi said that the Diamondbacks hoped to name their new general manager within the next few days. Money will be a factor here, but it’s hard to believe the Diamondbacks will lowball Towers if they truly prefer him over interim general manager Jerry DiPoto.
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 34
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 38
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 15
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 77
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (212)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (199)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)