Sep 21, 2010, 8:14 PM EDT
According to Jim Bowden of Sirius XM, “a reliable source” has told him that Kevin Towers will be offered the Diamondbacks’ general manager job. Should he accept, an official announcement could come as soon as tomorrow.
Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com told us earlier today that Towers was back in Arizona for a second interview, so Bowden’s information doesn’t sound like a large leap. Bowden is also a former general manager, for what it’s worth, so he probably has his fair share of decent sources in this area.
Just yesterday, Rosenthal and Jon Paul Morosi said that the Diamondbacks hoped to name their new general manager within the next few days. Money will be a factor here, but it’s hard to believe the Diamondbacks will lowball Towers if they truly prefer him over interim general manager Jerry DiPoto.
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 0
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 86
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 71
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 70
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 73
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)