Sep 22, 2010, 2:33 PM EST
You’re going to be shocked by this, but Bryce “120 percent” Harper’s sports rooting interests all happen to be the teams insufferable front runners with no geographic connection happen to root for: The Cowboys, the Yankees, the Lakers and Duke.
Why do you like the Cowboys, Bryce?
“Why do I like the Cowboys?” Harper repeated. “Because they were always a winner when I was growing up.”
That’s just precious.
Remember that post about me feeling old this morning? What makes me feel even older is that Harper is too young to say that he likes the Chicago Bulls the best because “Jordan is awesome.” But you damn well that would have been his choice if he came up a few years earlier.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 76
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (80)