Sep 22, 2010, 2:33 PM EDT
You’re going to be shocked by this, but Bryce “120 percent” Harper’s sports rooting interests all happen to be the teams insufferable front runners with no geographic connection happen to root for: The Cowboys, the Yankees, the Lakers and Duke.
Why do you like the Cowboys, Bryce?
“Why do I like the Cowboys?” Harper repeated. “Because they were always a winner when I was growing up.”
That’s just precious.
Remember that post about me feeling old this morning? What makes me feel even older is that Harper is too young to say that he likes the Chicago Bulls the best because “Jordan is awesome.” But you damn well that would have been his choice if he came up a few years earlier.
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 22
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 18
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)