Sep 22, 2010, 2:33 PM EST
You’re going to be shocked by this, but Bryce “120 percent” Harper’s sports rooting interests all happen to be the teams insufferable front runners with no geographic connection happen to root for: The Cowboys, the Yankees, the Lakers and Duke.
Why do you like the Cowboys, Bryce?
“Why do I like the Cowboys?” Harper repeated. “Because they were always a winner when I was growing up.”
That’s just precious.
Remember that post about me feeling old this morning? What makes me feel even older is that Harper is too young to say that he likes the Chicago Bulls the best because “Jordan is awesome.” But you damn well that would have been his choice if he came up a few years earlier.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 118
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 30
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 35
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)