Sep 22, 2010, 2:33 PM EDT
You’re going to be shocked by this, but Bryce “120 percent” Harper’s sports rooting interests all happen to be the teams insufferable front runners with no geographic connection happen to root for: The Cowboys, the Yankees, the Lakers and Duke.
Why do you like the Cowboys, Bryce?
“Why do I like the Cowboys?” Harper repeated. “Because they were always a winner when I was growing up.”
That’s just precious.
Remember that post about me feeling old this morning? What makes me feel even older is that Harper is too young to say that he likes the Chicago Bulls the best because “Jordan is awesome.” But you damn well that would have been his choice if he came up a few years earlier.
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 2
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 10
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 87
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 80
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)