Sep 22, 2010, 2:33 PM EDT
You’re going to be shocked by this, but Bryce “120 percent” Harper’s sports rooting interests all happen to be the teams insufferable front runners with no geographic connection happen to root for: The Cowboys, the Yankees, the Lakers and Duke.
Why do you like the Cowboys, Bryce?
“Why do I like the Cowboys?” Harper repeated. “Because they were always a winner when I was growing up.”
That’s just precious.
Remember that post about me feeling old this morning? What makes me feel even older is that Harper is too young to say that he likes the Chicago Bulls the best because “Jordan is awesome.” But you damn well that would have been his choice if he came up a few years earlier.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 3
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 5
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 5
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 51
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)