Sep 22, 2010, 9:41 PM EDT
If you’re a baseball fan and a user of the social media site “Twitter,” you probably follow the day-to-day operations of former Nationals GM Jim Bowden. He is working for XM Satellite Radio and FOX Sports Radio these days and has misfired on a host of “breaking” stories, but he also provides strong information from time to time.
Now Bowden is reporting that the Diamondbacks will remove the interim tag from Kirk Gibson and officially make him their next manager. Here’s the “tweet:”
to begin negotiations with Kirk Gibson, to remove the interim tag and
make him the Manager of the Diamondbacks going fwd
Gibson has registered an ugly 29-43 record since taking over for A.J. Hinch earlier this season but let’s give props to the D’Backs for giving him a lengthier shot than most clubs probably would. Maybe it’ll work out, maybe it won’t, but it’s certainly not fair to evaluate a skipper based on the results of 72 games.
The D’Backs named Kevin Towers their new general manager earlier today.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8