Sep 22, 2010, 9:41 PM EDT
If you’re a baseball fan and a user of the social media site “Twitter,” you probably follow the day-to-day operations of former Nationals GM Jim Bowden. He is working for XM Satellite Radio and FOX Sports Radio these days and has misfired on a host of “breaking” stories, but he also provides strong information from time to time.
Now Bowden is reporting that the Diamondbacks will remove the interim tag from Kirk Gibson and officially make him their next manager. Here’s the “tweet:”
to begin negotiations with Kirk Gibson, to remove the interim tag and
make him the Manager of the Diamondbacks going fwd
Gibson has registered an ugly 29-43 record since taking over for A.J. Hinch earlier this season but let’s give props to the D’Backs for giving him a lengthier shot than most clubs probably would. Maybe it’ll work out, maybe it won’t, but it’s certainly not fair to evaluate a skipper based on the results of 72 games.
The D’Backs named Kevin Towers their new general manager earlier today.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 168
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 70
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (170)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)