Sep 22, 2010, 5:59 PM EDT
the off day last week, I took my family to a pizza parlor,” Branyan
said. “They had plastic chairs, and after we’d eaten, my little guy had
kicked one of his flip flops off.
“I was sitting on the edge of the chair, leaning down to pick it up,
and the chair slid out from under me on the cement floor. I landed right
on my tail bone.”
This is not the first weird injury Branyan has had. Not even the first this year. Back in July, you’ll recall, a hotel table fell over on his foot. Because tables just fall over like that.
Branyan has missed four games because of this. But they were Mariners games, so it’s not like they counted for anything.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 13
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 1
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 30
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Numbers game: Tigers fall victim to baseball’s speed obsession 46
- Twins prospect Byron Buxton done for season after concussion 4
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)