Sep 22, 2010, 5:59 PM EDT
the off day last week, I took my family to a pizza parlor,” Branyan
said. “They had plastic chairs, and after we’d eaten, my little guy had
kicked one of his flip flops off.
“I was sitting on the edge of the chair, leaning down to pick it up,
and the chair slid out from under me on the cement floor. I landed right
on my tail bone.”
This is not the first weird injury Branyan has had. Not even the first this year. Back in July, you’ll recall, a hotel table fell over on his foot. Because tables just fall over like that.
Branyan has missed four games because of this. But they were Mariners games, so it’s not like they counted for anything.
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 0
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 20
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 92
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)