Sep 22, 2010, 5:59 PM EDT
the off day last week, I took my family to a pizza parlor,” Branyan
said. “They had plastic chairs, and after we’d eaten, my little guy had
kicked one of his flip flops off.
“I was sitting on the edge of the chair, leaning down to pick it up,
and the chair slid out from under me on the cement floor. I landed right
on my tail bone.”
This is not the first weird injury Branyan has had. Not even the first this year. Back in July, you’ll recall, a hotel table fell over on his foot. Because tables just fall over like that.
Branyan has missed four games because of this. But they were Mariners games, so it’s not like they counted for anything.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 14
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 196
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 37
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (200)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)