Sep 22, 2010, 5:59 PM EST
the off day last week, I took my family to a pizza parlor,” Branyan
said. “They had plastic chairs, and after we’d eaten, my little guy had
kicked one of his flip flops off.
“I was sitting on the edge of the chair, leaning down to pick it up,
and the chair slid out from under me on the cement floor. I landed right
on my tail bone.”
This is not the first weird injury Branyan has had. Not even the first this year. Back in July, you’ll recall, a hotel table fell over on his foot. Because tables just fall over like that.
Branyan has missed four games because of this. But they were Mariners games, so it’s not like they counted for anything.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 54
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 20
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (256)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)