Sep 22, 2010, 5:59 PM EDT
the off day last week, I took my family to a pizza parlor,” Branyan
said. “They had plastic chairs, and after we’d eaten, my little guy had
kicked one of his flip flops off.
“I was sitting on the edge of the chair, leaning down to pick it up,
and the chair slid out from under me on the cement floor. I landed right
on my tail bone.”
This is not the first weird injury Branyan has had. Not even the first this year. Back in July, you’ll recall, a hotel table fell over on his foot. Because tables just fall over like that.
Branyan has missed four games because of this. But they were Mariners games, so it’s not like they counted for anything.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 4
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 3
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20