Sep 22, 2010, 5:30 PM EDT
Well, he’s really a “Red Boy” and it was less prison than juvie:
costumed Phillies fan who ran onto the field and briefly eluded
security guards during a game at Citizens Bank Park has been released
from juvenile detention.
The parents of 17-year-old Sean Hagan of Philadelphia picked him up Tuesday afternoon. Gary and Barbara Hagan apologized for their son’s actions. They say he will be punished for putting himself and players at risk.
The only thing worse than getting taken down by Matt Diaz — a guy who can’t hit anything lately — is having your mom and dad do your public apology.
But that’s not the best part. The best part is that he was still wearing the spandex outfit when his folks bailed him out. They wouldn’t even bring a change of clothes for him, probably because they rightfully believe he needed a good shaming.
Not sure how spandex body suits play inside the joint, however. Even juvie hall.
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 2
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 12
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 14
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- Bartolo Colon and Scott Feldman clear revocable waivers; eligible to be traded to any team 22
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (142)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)