Sep 22, 2010, 5:30 PM EDT
Well, he’s really a “Red Boy” and it was less prison than juvie:
costumed Phillies fan who ran onto the field and briefly eluded
security guards during a game at Citizens Bank Park has been released
from juvenile detention.
The parents of 17-year-old Sean Hagan of Philadelphia picked him up Tuesday afternoon. Gary and Barbara Hagan apologized for their son’s actions. They say he will be punished for putting himself and players at risk.
The only thing worse than getting taken down by Matt Diaz — a guy who can’t hit anything lately — is having your mom and dad do your public apology.
But that’s not the best part. The best part is that he was still wearing the spandex outfit when his folks bailed him out. They wouldn’t even bring a change of clothes for him, probably because they rightfully believe he needed a good shaming.
Not sure how spandex body suits play inside the joint, however. Even juvie hall.
- Rangers catcher Geovany Soto arrested for marijuana possession 52
- Babe Ruth made his major league debut 100 years ago today 46
- Rockies owner: “maybe Denver doesn’t deserve a franchise . . . maybe time for it to find a new home” 76
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 33
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow 112
- Yadier Molina to miss 8-12 weeks with a torn thumb ligament 31
- Carlos Beltran placed on concussion disabled list after batting practice mishap 16
- Derek Jeter is the most popular MLB jersey this year 16
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (190)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow (112)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (102)