Sep 22, 2010, 5:30 PM EDT
Well, he’s really a “Red Boy” and it was less prison than juvie:
costumed Phillies fan who ran onto the field and briefly eluded
security guards during a game at Citizens Bank Park has been released
from juvenile detention.
The parents of 17-year-old Sean Hagan of Philadelphia picked him up Tuesday afternoon. Gary and Barbara Hagan apologized for their son’s actions. They say he will be punished for putting himself and players at risk.
The only thing worse than getting taken down by Matt Diaz — a guy who can’t hit anything lately — is having your mom and dad do your public apology.
But that’s not the best part. The best part is that he was still wearing the spandex outfit when his folks bailed him out. They wouldn’t even bring a change of clothes for him, probably because they rightfully believe he needed a good shaming.
Not sure how spandex body suits play inside the joint, however. Even juvie hall.
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 0
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 14
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 14
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (107)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)