Sep 22, 2010, 5:30 PM EDT
Well, he’s really a “Red Boy” and it was less prison than juvie:
costumed Phillies fan who ran onto the field and briefly eluded
security guards during a game at Citizens Bank Park has been released
from juvenile detention.
The parents of 17-year-old Sean Hagan of Philadelphia picked him up Tuesday afternoon. Gary and Barbara Hagan apologized for their son’s actions. They say he will be punished for putting himself and players at risk.
The only thing worse than getting taken down by Matt Diaz — a guy who can’t hit anything lately — is having your mom and dad do your public apology.
But that’s not the best part. The best part is that he was still wearing the spandex outfit when his folks bailed him out. They wouldn’t even bring a change of clothes for him, probably because they rightfully believe he needed a good shaming.
Not sure how spandex body suits play inside the joint, however. Even juvie hall.
- Red Sox place Hanley Ramirez on disabled list with shoulder injury 0
- J.A. Happ is thriving with the Pirates 1
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 46
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 68
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 57
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 59
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 150
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (150)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)