Sep 22, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
Between Jason Hammel’s dead arm and some of their other pitchers faltering, there has been some talk in recent days that Rockies may try to pick up a starter for the last couple weeks of the season.
Ken Rosenthal reports, however, that it’s not gonna happen. Esmil Rogers will likely get the call if Hammel can’t take his next turn. The trading window is closed.
But hey, at least they’re not trying to beat the Phillies with Brandon Beachy and Mike Minor.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 2
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 33
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 28
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 44
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)