Sep 22, 2010, 11:59 AM EDT
The Twins sprayed beer and stuff all over themselves early this morning, so it’s no surprise that the lineup today is a tad different from the one they used last night:
CF Denard Span
SS Alexi Casilla
DH Jason Kubel
3B Danny Valencia
1B Jose Morales
2B Matt Tolbert
LF Ben Revere
RF Jason Repko
C Drew Butera
That’s the look of a team playing a day game after a clinching the previous night. I expect great, great things today.
And heck, maybe it could happen. As I’ve said, like, three times this week, I’m reading a book about 1970s baseball. One of the anecdotes I came across in the early going was about one George Mitterwald, the Cubs backup catcher in 1974. He partied hard one night, thinking he’d get the day game off the following afternoon. Nope: he was in the lineup. All he did was go out and hit three home runs and set the single game franchise record with 14 total bases.
So, Drew Butera? Do you have a little Mitterwald in you?
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (124)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (117)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (82)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?