Sep 22, 2010, 11:59 AM EDT
The Twins sprayed beer and stuff all over themselves early this morning, so it’s no surprise that the lineup today is a tad different from the one they used last night:
CF Denard Span
SS Alexi Casilla
DH Jason Kubel
3B Danny Valencia
1B Jose Morales
2B Matt Tolbert
LF Ben Revere
RF Jason Repko
C Drew Butera
That’s the look of a team playing a day game after a clinching the previous night. I expect great, great things today.
And heck, maybe it could happen. As I’ve said, like, three times this week, I’m reading a book about 1970s baseball. One of the anecdotes I came across in the early going was about one George Mitterwald, the Cubs backup catcher in 1974. He partied hard one night, thinking he’d get the day game off the following afternoon. Nope: he was in the lineup. All he did was go out and hit three home runs and set the single game franchise record with 14 total bases.
So, Drew Butera? Do you have a little Mitterwald in you?
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)