Sep 22, 2010, 3:15 PM EDT
Tyler Colvin was released from a Miami hospital this afternoon, three days after his chest was punctured by a broken bat.
Colvin has already been ruled out for the remainder of the season and Carrie Muskat of MLB.com reports that he may not even rejoin the Cubs for the final two weeks. For now he’s “headed home to South Carolina.”
Colvin, who needed a chest tube to prevent a collapsed lung, appears to have avoided any serious, long-term injuries and finishes his rookie season hitting .254/.316/.500 with 20 homers in 394 plate appearances.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)