Sep 22, 2010, 3:15 PM EST
Tyler Colvin was released from a Miami hospital this afternoon, three days after his chest was punctured by a broken bat.
Colvin has already been ruled out for the remainder of the season and Carrie Muskat of MLB.com reports that he may not even rejoin the Cubs for the final two weeks. For now he’s “headed home to South Carolina.”
Colvin, who needed a chest tube to prevent a collapsed lung, appears to have avoided any serious, long-term injuries and finishes his rookie season hitting .254/.316/.500 with 20 homers in 394 plate appearances.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27