Sep 22, 2010, 9:14 AM EST
If Joe Mauer and Jim Thome wanted to, they could probably set themselves up as co-benevolent dictators of The Kingdom of the Lakes and no one would bat an eye. It’d be all “what sort of cured meats would you like brought to you today, your highnesses?” Then Thome would be all like “Oh, sit down. I already have some burgers on the grill for everyone. And don’t worry! I brought the pop!” Because I’d bet my life that Thome says “pop” instead of “soda.”
OK, I lost my train of thought. Just watch the video. Jim Thome, by the way, thinks everything is “great.” Man, I just want to hug him.
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 20
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 143
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 39
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 15
- Rockies trade Dexter Fowler to Astros for Jordan Lyles 23