Sep 23, 2010, 8:20 PM EDT
According to Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle, Andrew Bailey will have his right elbow “cleaned up” tomorrow.
Bailey, who underwent Tommy John surgery five years ago, hasn’t pitched since last Friday due to elbow soreness. The symptoms were believed to be similar to when he was diagnosed with “tennis elbow” during spring training.
The good news, according to Slusser, is that the ligament in his elbow was deemed sound and the Athletics say he will “definitely” be ready in time for spring training.
Bailey, 26, posted a 1.47 ERA to go along with 25 saves and a 42/13 K/BB ratio over 47 appearances with the Athletics this season.
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 86
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 28
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 97
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)