Sep 23, 2010, 8:20 PM EDT
According to Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle, Andrew Bailey will have his right elbow “cleaned up” tomorrow.
Bailey, who underwent Tommy John surgery five years ago, hasn’t pitched since last Friday due to elbow soreness. The symptoms were believed to be similar to when he was diagnosed with “tennis elbow” during spring training.
The good news, according to Slusser, is that the ligament in his elbow was deemed sound and the Athletics say he will “definitely” be ready in time for spring training.
Bailey, 26, posted a 1.47 ERA to go along with 25 saves and a 42/13 K/BB ratio over 47 appearances with the Athletics this season.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)