Sep 23, 2010, 8:20 PM EDT
According to Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle, Andrew Bailey will have his right elbow “cleaned up” tomorrow.
Bailey, who underwent Tommy John surgery five years ago, hasn’t pitched since last Friday due to elbow soreness. The symptoms were believed to be similar to when he was diagnosed with “tennis elbow” during spring training.
The good news, according to Slusser, is that the ligament in his elbow was deemed sound and the Athletics say he will “definitely” be ready in time for spring training.
Bailey, 26, posted a 1.47 ERA to go along with 25 saves and a 42/13 K/BB ratio over 47 appearances with the Athletics this season.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 34
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 38
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 89
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (122)