Sep 23, 2010, 8:20 PM EDT
According to Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle, Andrew Bailey will have his right elbow “cleaned up” tomorrow.
Bailey, who underwent Tommy John surgery five years ago, hasn’t pitched since last Friday due to elbow soreness. The symptoms were believed to be similar to when he was diagnosed with “tennis elbow” during spring training.
The good news, according to Slusser, is that the ligament in his elbow was deemed sound and the Athletics say he will “definitely” be ready in time for spring training.
Bailey, 26, posted a 1.47 ERA to go along with 25 saves and a 42/13 K/BB ratio over 47 appearances with the Athletics this season.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 47
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 31
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (204)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)