Sep 23, 2010, 8:20 PM EST
According to Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle, Andrew Bailey will have his right elbow “cleaned up” tomorrow.
Bailey, who underwent Tommy John surgery five years ago, hasn’t pitched since last Friday due to elbow soreness. The symptoms were believed to be similar to when he was diagnosed with “tennis elbow” during spring training.
The good news, according to Slusser, is that the ligament in his elbow was deemed sound and the Athletics say he will “definitely” be ready in time for spring training.
Bailey, 26, posted a 1.47 ERA to go along with 25 saves and a 42/13 K/BB ratio over 47 appearances with the Athletics this season.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 161
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (161)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)