Sep 23, 2010, 10:00 AM EST
That last post totally bummed me out, so let’s lighten the mood.
This is a couple months old, but I was just directed to it. It’s a day-at-the-ballpark blog post by an Iowa Cubs fan. The notable thing about it is the third through seventh pics down, in which the Cubs’ walk-in beer cooler is detailed.
My grocery store has one of these things and I don’t think much of it. But like hot dogs, such a beast is elevated to an almost heavenly level when placed in a ballpark. And that’s the case even if they’re still charging eight bucks for Coors Light.
If the Columbus Clippers get one of these things I will not miss a game next year.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 56
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 37
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (85)