Sep 23, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
That last post totally bummed me out, so let’s lighten the mood.
This is a couple months old, but I was just directed to it. It’s a day-at-the-ballpark blog post by an Iowa Cubs fan. The notable thing about it is the third through seventh pics down, in which the Cubs’ walk-in beer cooler is detailed.
My grocery store has one of these things and I don’t think much of it. But like hot dogs, such a beast is elevated to an almost heavenly level when placed in a ballpark. And that’s the case even if they’re still charging eight bucks for Coors Light.
If the Columbus Clippers get one of these things I will not miss a game next year.
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 9
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 39
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 106