Sep 23, 2010, 10:00 AM EST
That last post totally bummed me out, so let’s lighten the mood.
This is a couple months old, but I was just directed to it. It’s a day-at-the-ballpark blog post by an Iowa Cubs fan. The notable thing about it is the third through seventh pics down, in which the Cubs’ walk-in beer cooler is detailed.
My grocery store has one of these things and I don’t think much of it. But like hot dogs, such a beast is elevated to an almost heavenly level when placed in a ballpark. And that’s the case even if they’re still charging eight bucks for Coors Light.
If the Columbus Clippers get one of these things I will not miss a game next year.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)