Sep 23, 2010, 2:49 PM EDT
For a game between two non-contenders this afternoon’s Blue Jays-Mariners matchup sure has some interesting storylines.
Not only did Jose Bautista homer off Felix Hernandez for his 50th long ball of the season, Ichiro Suzuki doubled off Shawn Hill in the third inning and then singled off him in the fifth inning to reach 200 hits for the 10th consecutive season.
Pete Rose is the only other player in baseball history with 10 seasons of 200 hits. He did it 10 times in 24 years. Suzuki is now 10-for-10.
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 0
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 8
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 30
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 21
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)