Sep 23, 2010, 2:49 PM EST
For a game between two non-contenders this afternoon’s Blue Jays-Mariners matchup sure has some interesting storylines.
Not only did Jose Bautista homer off Felix Hernandez for his 50th long ball of the season, Ichiro Suzuki doubled off Shawn Hill in the third inning and then singled off him in the fifth inning to reach 200 hits for the 10th consecutive season.
Pete Rose is the only other player in baseball history with 10 seasons of 200 hits. He did it 10 times in 24 years. Suzuki is now 10-for-10.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 30
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 28
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 163
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (163)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)