Sep 23, 2010, 2:49 PM EDT
For a game between two non-contenders this afternoon’s Blue Jays-Mariners matchup sure has some interesting storylines.
Not only did Jose Bautista homer off Felix Hernandez for his 50th long ball of the season, Ichiro Suzuki doubled off Shawn Hill in the third inning and then singled off him in the fifth inning to reach 200 hits for the 10th consecutive season.
Pete Rose is the only other player in baseball history with 10 seasons of 200 hits. He did it 10 times in 24 years. Suzuki is now 10-for-10.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 49
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)