Sep 23, 2010, 2:49 PM EDT
For a game between two non-contenders this afternoon’s Blue Jays-Mariners matchup sure has some interesting storylines.
Not only did Jose Bautista homer off Felix Hernandez for his 50th long ball of the season, Ichiro Suzuki doubled off Shawn Hill in the third inning and then singled off him in the fifth inning to reach 200 hits for the 10th consecutive season.
Pete Rose is the only other player in baseball history with 10 seasons of 200 hits. He did it 10 times in 24 years. Suzuki is now 10-for-10.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 20
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 67
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 57
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 147
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (147)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)