Sep 23, 2010, 2:49 PM EST
For a game between two non-contenders this afternoon’s Blue Jays-Mariners matchup sure has some interesting storylines.
Not only did Jose Bautista homer off Felix Hernandez for his 50th long ball of the season, Ichiro Suzuki doubled off Shawn Hill in the third inning and then singled off him in the fifth inning to reach 200 hits for the 10th consecutive season.
Pete Rose is the only other player in baseball history with 10 seasons of 200 hits. He did it 10 times in 24 years. Suzuki is now 10-for-10.
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 0
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 60
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 42
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (137)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (132)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)