Sep 23, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
The mid-afternoon blahs always hit me around 3PM, and when they do my deep-thinking abilities flag. And I start paying attention to really dumb stuff. Like celebrity Twitter accounts. Here’s an Ozzie Guillen tweet from around then:
Enjoying this great day off in anaheim some shopping then maybe dinner with my goo friend bobby abreu
I love the idea of Ozzie Guillen and Bobby Abreu hanging out, doing a little shopping, then going to dinner. I picture a mid-80s movie-style musical montage in which Abreu comes out of the dressing room with a new outfit on, but Ozzie shakes his head. Abreu comes out with a second outfit on, but Ozzie shakes his head. Then Abreu comes out with a third outfit on and Ozzie smiles and gives him a big thumbs up. Then they go to Orange Julius together and plot how to get the best of William Zabka or whoever.
The only thing that killed this little daydream was a tweet from MLB.com’s Twitter feed a few minutes ago, re-tweeting Ozzie’s thing, only with edits:
RT @OzzieGuillen Enjoying this great day off in anaheim some shopping then maybe dinner with my good friend @BobKellyAbreu #whitesox #angels
Note the added “d” at the end of the word good? Ozzie’s omission of the “d” made his tweet charming. I could hear his voice, man! And Ozzie isn’t a big social media maven, so he had no need to @ Abreu’s name or do the hashtags. He was just keepin’ it real.
Oh well. I hope Ozzie and Bobby have fun today.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 7
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 214
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (214)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)