Sep 23, 2010, 4:30 PM EST
The mid-afternoon blahs always hit me around 3PM, and when they do my deep-thinking abilities flag. And I start paying attention to really dumb stuff. Like celebrity Twitter accounts. Here’s an Ozzie Guillen tweet from around then:
Enjoying this great day off in anaheim some shopping then maybe dinner with my goo friend bobby abreu
I love the idea of Ozzie Guillen and Bobby Abreu hanging out, doing a little shopping, then going to dinner. I picture a mid-80s movie-style musical montage in which Abreu comes out of the dressing room with a new outfit on, but Ozzie shakes his head. Abreu comes out with a second outfit on, but Ozzie shakes his head. Then Abreu comes out with a third outfit on and Ozzie smiles and gives him a big thumbs up. Then they go to Orange Julius together and plot how to get the best of William Zabka or whoever.
The only thing that killed this little daydream was a tweet from MLB.com’s Twitter feed a few minutes ago, re-tweeting Ozzie’s thing, only with edits:
RT @OzzieGuillen Enjoying this great day off in anaheim some shopping then maybe dinner with my good friend @BobKellyAbreu #whitesox #angels
Note the added “d” at the end of the word good? Ozzie’s omission of the “d” made his tweet charming. I could hear his voice, man! And Ozzie isn’t a big social media maven, so he had no need to @ Abreu’s name or do the hashtags. He was just keepin’ it real.
Oh well. I hope Ozzie and Bobby have fun today.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)