Sep 23, 2010, 4:30 PM EST
The mid-afternoon blahs always hit me around 3PM, and when they do my deep-thinking abilities flag. And I start paying attention to really dumb stuff. Like celebrity Twitter accounts. Here’s an Ozzie Guillen tweet from around then:
Enjoying this great day off in anaheim some shopping then maybe dinner with my goo friend bobby abreu
I love the idea of Ozzie Guillen and Bobby Abreu hanging out, doing a little shopping, then going to dinner. I picture a mid-80s movie-style musical montage in which Abreu comes out of the dressing room with a new outfit on, but Ozzie shakes his head. Abreu comes out with a second outfit on, but Ozzie shakes his head. Then Abreu comes out with a third outfit on and Ozzie smiles and gives him a big thumbs up. Then they go to Orange Julius together and plot how to get the best of William Zabka or whoever.
The only thing that killed this little daydream was a tweet from MLB.com’s Twitter feed a few minutes ago, re-tweeting Ozzie’s thing, only with edits:
RT @OzzieGuillen Enjoying this great day off in anaheim some shopping then maybe dinner with my good friend @BobKellyAbreu #whitesox #angels
Note the added “d” at the end of the word good? Ozzie’s omission of the “d” made his tweet charming. I could hear his voice, man! And Ozzie isn’t a big social media maven, so he had no need to @ Abreu’s name or do the hashtags. He was just keepin’ it real.
Oh well. I hope Ozzie and Bobby have fun today.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 18
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 55
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 42
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 103
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)