Sep 23, 2010, 5:00 PM EDT
Albert Pujols went 3-for-4 with two homers today, as the Cardinals beat the Pirates 9-2.
The win prevents a sweep at the hand of the mighty Pirates. The homers put Pujols above 40 for the season. It’s the sixth time he’s done that in his career. In case you were unaware, the man is pretty good at baseball.
Also of milestone importance was Matt Holliday driving in a run to put him at an even 100 for the season. The Cards may have sunk like a stone in September, but Holliday is putting together his best month of the season. Overall he’s at .315/.388/.542 with 27 homers to go with those 100 RBI.
I’m not sure who is most responsible for the Cardinals bad ending, but you can’t say that Pujols and Holliday have poopy in their pants.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 0
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 11
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 45
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)