Sep 23, 2010, 5:00 PM EDT
Albert Pujols went 3-for-4 with two homers today, as the Cardinals beat the Pirates 9-2.
The win prevents a sweep at the hand of the mighty Pirates. The homers put Pujols above 40 for the season. It’s the sixth time he’s done that in his career. In case you were unaware, the man is pretty good at baseball.
Also of milestone importance was Matt Holliday driving in a run to put him at an even 100 for the season. The Cards may have sunk like a stone in September, but Holliday is putting together his best month of the season. Overall he’s at .315/.388/.542 with 27 homers to go with those 100 RBI.
I’m not sure who is most responsible for the Cardinals bad ending, but you can’t say that Pujols and Holliday have poopy in their pants.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 8
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 160
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 6
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (160)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)