Sep 23, 2010, 5:00 PM EDT
Albert Pujols went 3-for-4 with two homers today, as the Cardinals beat the Pirates 9-2.
The win prevents a sweep at the hand of the mighty Pirates. The homers put Pujols above 40 for the season. It’s the sixth time he’s done that in his career. In case you were unaware, the man is pretty good at baseball.
Also of milestone importance was Matt Holliday driving in a run to put him at an even 100 for the season. The Cards may have sunk like a stone in September, but Holliday is putting together his best month of the season. Overall he’s at .315/.388/.542 with 27 homers to go with those 100 RBI.
I’m not sure who is most responsible for the Cardinals bad ending, but you can’t say that Pujols and Holliday have poopy in their pants.
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 1
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 38
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 22
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 34
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (103)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)