Sep 23, 2010, 5:00 PM EDT
Albert Pujols went 3-for-4 with two homers today, as the Cardinals beat the Pirates 9-2.
The win prevents a sweep at the hand of the mighty Pirates. The homers put Pujols above 40 for the season. It’s the sixth time he’s done that in his career. In case you were unaware, the man is pretty good at baseball.
Also of milestone importance was Matt Holliday driving in a run to put him at an even 100 for the season. The Cards may have sunk like a stone in September, but Holliday is putting together his best month of the season. Overall he’s at .315/.388/.542 with 27 homers to go with those 100 RBI.
I’m not sure who is most responsible for the Cardinals bad ending, but you can’t say that Pujols and Holliday have poopy in their pants.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming