Sep 23, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
I spoke with Dan Levy of the On The DL Podcast and Press Coverage fame for a good long time yesterday. The podcast itself is now up. He’s a Philly guy in case you didn’t know, so there was a lot of Phillies-Braves stuff, obviously, but we hit the other subjects too.
In addition to the actual on-the-field talk, there’s also a lot of stuff about the nature of fandom, why Philly fans are insecure and why Marty Brennaman is evil. There’s also a whole lot about the strange politics of Twitter, NBC’s blog strategy (HBT, PFT, PBT, PHT, etc. etc.) and some general chit chat.
Fun stuff, I thought as we were taping, and funner stuff I assume after Dan edited out all of my right-wing political propaganda.
Um, you did edit that out, right Dan?
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)