Sep 23, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
I spoke with Dan Levy of the On The DL Podcast and Press Coverage fame for a good long time yesterday. The podcast itself is now up. He’s a Philly guy in case you didn’t know, so there was a lot of Phillies-Braves stuff, obviously, but we hit the other subjects too.
In addition to the actual on-the-field talk, there’s also a lot of stuff about the nature of fandom, why Philly fans are insecure and why Marty Brennaman is evil. There’s also a whole lot about the strange politics of Twitter, NBC’s blog strategy (HBT, PFT, PBT, PHT, etc. etc.) and some general chit chat.
Fun stuff, I thought as we were taping, and funner stuff I assume after Dan edited out all of my right-wing political propaganda.
Um, you did edit that out, right Dan?
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)