Sep 23, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
I spoke with Dan Levy of the On The DL Podcast and Press Coverage fame for a good long time yesterday. The podcast itself is now up. He’s a Philly guy in case you didn’t know, so there was a lot of Phillies-Braves stuff, obviously, but we hit the other subjects too.
In addition to the actual on-the-field talk, there’s also a lot of stuff about the nature of fandom, why Philly fans are insecure and why Marty Brennaman is evil. There’s also a whole lot about the strange politics of Twitter, NBC’s blog strategy (HBT, PFT, PBT, PHT, etc. etc.) and some general chit chat.
Fun stuff, I thought as we were taping, and funner stuff I assume after Dan edited out all of my right-wing political propaganda.
Um, you did edit that out, right Dan?
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 7
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 22
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 13
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 12
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 38
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 43
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 186
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (187)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)