Sep 23, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
I spoke with Dan Levy of the On The DL Podcast and Press Coverage fame for a good long time yesterday. The podcast itself is now up. He’s a Philly guy in case you didn’t know, so there was a lot of Phillies-Braves stuff, obviously, but we hit the other subjects too.
In addition to the actual on-the-field talk, there’s also a lot of stuff about the nature of fandom, why Philly fans are insecure and why Marty Brennaman is evil. There’s also a whole lot about the strange politics of Twitter, NBC’s blog strategy (HBT, PFT, PBT, PHT, etc. etc.) and some general chit chat.
Fun stuff, I thought as we were taping, and funner stuff I assume after Dan edited out all of my right-wing political propaganda.
Um, you did edit that out, right Dan?
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)