Sep 23, 2010, 10:30 AM EST
I spoke with Dan Levy of the On The DL Podcast and Press Coverage fame for a good long time yesterday. The podcast itself is now up. He’s a Philly guy in case you didn’t know, so there was a lot of Phillies-Braves stuff, obviously, but we hit the other subjects too.
In addition to the actual on-the-field talk, there’s also a lot of stuff about the nature of fandom, why Philly fans are insecure and why Marty Brennaman is evil. There’s also a whole lot about the strange politics of Twitter, NBC’s blog strategy (HBT, PFT, PBT, PHT, etc. etc.) and some general chit chat.
Fun stuff, I thought as we were taping, and funner stuff I assume after Dan edited out all of my right-wing political propaganda.
Um, you did edit that out, right Dan?
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 14
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 10
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 71
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 47
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 18
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (145)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)