Sep 24, 2010, 5:17 PM EDT
Marc Topkin of the St. Petersburg Times reports that Evan Longoria is out of the Rays’ lineup tonight and could be sidelined for the entire weekend series with the Mariners due to a quadriceps injury suffered while turning a double play against the Yankees yesterday.
Longoria has been absent from the lineup just one previous time this season, way back on May 23. Sean Rodriguez is starting in his place tonight at third base, with Willy Aybar moving into the cleanup spot behind Carl Crawford.
Longoria went 5-for-16 (.313) with a homer, a double, and five RBIs as the Rays split the four-game series against the Yankees to secure the season series tie-breaker in the AL East.
- Report: Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 0
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 196
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 91
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 30
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (196)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (91)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (84)