Sep 24, 2010, 8:40 PM EST
Francisco Liriano just gave Twins fans quite the temporary scare. The left-hander was pulled from tonight’s start against the Tigers in the fourth inning. Before we even had a moment to speculate about what may have happened to him, the team announced that Liriano left the game due to illness, reports Kelly Thesier of MLB.com. Phew.
The funny part is that Alexi Casilla left the game for the very same reason at the very same time, as he was replaced at shortstop by Trevor Plouffe.
Methinks either Liriano and Casilla are suffering from a multiple-day hangover
after the Twins clinched the AL Central or there is a pretty nasty bug going around
the locker room. Hey, at least Twins fans have permission to laugh about this whole thing now.
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 100
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 62
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 42
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (132)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)