Sep 24, 2010, 8:40 PM EST
Francisco Liriano just gave Twins fans quite the temporary scare. The left-hander was pulled from tonight’s start against the Tigers in the fourth inning. Before we even had a moment to speculate about what may have happened to him, the team announced that Liriano left the game due to illness, reports Kelly Thesier of MLB.com. Phew.
The funny part is that Alexi Casilla left the game for the very same reason at the very same time, as he was replaced at shortstop by Trevor Plouffe.
Methinks either Liriano and Casilla are suffering from a multiple-day hangover
after the Twins clinched the AL Central or there is a pretty nasty bug going around
the locker room. Hey, at least Twins fans have permission to laugh about this whole thing now.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 11
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 56
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 141
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 37
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (141)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)