Sep 24, 2010, 8:40 PM EDT
Francisco Liriano just gave Twins fans quite the temporary scare. The left-hander was pulled from tonight’s start against the Tigers in the fourth inning. Before we even had a moment to speculate about what may have happened to him, the team announced that Liriano left the game due to illness, reports Kelly Thesier of MLB.com. Phew.
The funny part is that Alexi Casilla left the game for the very same reason at the very same time, as he was replaced at shortstop by Trevor Plouffe.
Methinks either Liriano and Casilla are suffering from a multiple-day hangover
after the Twins clinched the AL Central or there is a pretty nasty bug going around
the locker room. Hey, at least Twins fans have permission to laugh about this whole thing now.
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 7
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 24
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 43
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract 153
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (124)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)