Sep 24, 2010, 8:40 PM EDT
Francisco Liriano just gave Twins fans quite the temporary scare. The left-hander was pulled from tonight’s start against the Tigers in the fourth inning. Before we even had a moment to speculate about what may have happened to him, the team announced that Liriano left the game due to illness, reports Kelly Thesier of MLB.com. Phew.
The funny part is that Alexi Casilla left the game for the very same reason at the very same time, as he was replaced at shortstop by Trevor Plouffe.
Methinks either Liriano and Casilla are suffering from a multiple-day hangover
after the Twins clinched the AL Central or there is a pretty nasty bug going around
the locker room. Hey, at least Twins fans have permission to laugh about this whole thing now.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 36
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 31
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 211
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 31
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 42
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (211)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)