Sep 24, 2010, 2:30 PM EST
Jack Clark, who ripped the Cardinals for quitting last week, has quit. His analyst job at Fox Sports Midwest, that is, where he does occasional Cardinals postgame analysis.
Given his “poopy pants” rant, I wish it happened via a big temper tantrum during which he called his producer “a big fat butthead whose face looks like a butt and who smells like a butt,” but it seems that it was an amicable parting based mostly on the incompatibility of schedules. Man, what a lost opportunity.
Oh well. Even though he crapped out on this job, you can rest assured that he’ll float to the surface somewhere. People who can stir the pot like Clark will eventually find themselves sitting on some talk radio throne eventually.
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 10
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 65
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 59
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 46
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 8
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)