Sep 24, 2010, 2:30 PM EDT
Jack Clark, who ripped the Cardinals for quitting last week, has quit. His analyst job at Fox Sports Midwest, that is, where he does occasional Cardinals postgame analysis.
Given his “poopy pants” rant, I wish it happened via a big temper tantrum during which he called his producer “a big fat butthead whose face looks like a butt and who smells like a butt,” but it seems that it was an amicable parting based mostly on the incompatibility of schedules. Man, what a lost opportunity.
Oh well. Even though he crapped out on this job, you can rest assured that he’ll float to the surface somewhere. People who can stir the pot like Clark will eventually find themselves sitting on some talk radio throne eventually.
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 3
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 34
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 29
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 40
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 72
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)