Sep 24, 2010, 5:46 PM EST
Jair Jurrjens had to end today’s bullpen session after just 10 pitches because of pain in his injured right knee, which means Brandon Beachy is likely to take his place again Sunday versus the Nationals.
Jurrjens had hoped to pitch through a minor cartilage tear, but described the injury as “like somebody is stabbing you.” Obviously his status for the playoffs is now in serious question.
Beachy lasted just 4.1 innings in his MLB debut Monday, taking a loss against the Phillies by allowing three runs on four hits and three walks while striking out one.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (129)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)