Sep 24, 2010, 5:46 PM EDT
Jair Jurrjens had to end today’s bullpen session after just 10 pitches because of pain in his injured right knee, which means Brandon Beachy is likely to take his place again Sunday versus the Nationals.
Jurrjens had hoped to pitch through a minor cartilage tear, but described the injury as “like somebody is stabbing you.” Obviously his status for the playoffs is now in serious question.
Beachy lasted just 4.1 innings in his MLB debut Monday, taking a loss against the Phillies by allowing three runs on four hits and three walks while striking out one.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 38
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 42
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 55
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)