Sep 24, 2010, 5:46 PM EDT
Jair Jurrjens had to end today’s bullpen session after just 10 pitches because of pain in his injured right knee, which means Brandon Beachy is likely to take his place again Sunday versus the Nationals.
Jurrjens had hoped to pitch through a minor cartilage tear, but described the injury as “like somebody is stabbing you.” Obviously his status for the playoffs is now in serious question.
Beachy lasted just 4.1 innings in his MLB debut Monday, taking a loss against the Phillies by allowing three runs on four hits and three walks while striking out one.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)