Sep 24, 2010, 5:46 PM EDT
Jair Jurrjens had to end today’s bullpen session after just 10 pitches because of pain in his injured right knee, which means Brandon Beachy is likely to take his place again Sunday versus the Nationals.
Jurrjens had hoped to pitch through a minor cartilage tear, but described the injury as “like somebody is stabbing you.” Obviously his status for the playoffs is now in serious question.
Beachy lasted just 4.1 innings in his MLB debut Monday, taking a loss against the Phillies by allowing three runs on four hits and three walks while striking out one.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 25
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)