Sep 24, 2010, 5:46 PM EST
Jair Jurrjens had to end today’s bullpen session after just 10 pitches because of pain in his injured right knee, which means Brandon Beachy is likely to take his place again Sunday versus the Nationals.
Jurrjens had hoped to pitch through a minor cartilage tear, but described the injury as “like somebody is stabbing you.” Obviously his status for the playoffs is now in serious question.
Beachy lasted just 4.1 innings in his MLB debut Monday, taking a loss against the Phillies by allowing three runs on four hits and three walks while striking out one.
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 40
- Mark Prior’s retirement reminds us that young pitchers will break your heart 15
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 48
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 61
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)