Sep 24, 2010, 4:48 PM EDT
Jimmy Rollins hasn’t played since September 8 because of a hamstring injury, but told Todd Zolecki of MLB.com that he’ll be available off the bench tonight.
Charlie Manuel indicated to Matt Gelb of the Philadelphia Inquirer that Rollins could be cleared to rejoin the Phillies’ starting lineup as soon as Sunday, which would give him seven games to get ready for the playoffs.
Rollins took some swings against live pitching and ran the bases yesterday for the first time, but admitted that he probably won’t be much of a threat to steal any bags for a while: “Can I steal a bag? Yeah. Would I try? No.”
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 11
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)