Sep 24, 2010, 4:48 PM EST
Jimmy Rollins hasn’t played since September 8 because of a hamstring injury, but told Todd Zolecki of MLB.com that he’ll be available off the bench tonight.
Charlie Manuel indicated to Matt Gelb of the Philadelphia Inquirer that Rollins could be cleared to rejoin the Phillies’ starting lineup as soon as Sunday, which would give him seven games to get ready for the playoffs.
Rollins took some swings against live pitching and ran the bases yesterday for the first time, but admitted that he probably won’t be much of a threat to steal any bags for a while: “Can I steal a bag? Yeah. Would I try? No.”
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)