Sep 24, 2010, 7:58 PM EDT
Nyjer Morgan wraps up his eight-game suspension today, which means that he is expected to return to the starting lineup for Saturday’s game against the Braves, reports Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post.
As our own Drew Silva told us over the weekend, Morgan used his time away from the diamond to make some much-needed amends, but from what he told Kilgore on Friday, it sounds like he has also gained a new perspective on things.
“I’m happy everything is over with,” Morgan said. “Now I can just keep
going and look at the positives and keep trying to build. Just try to
finish strong, just try to get some momentum going into next year.”
“Be smart about certain situations. Don’t let my emotions get the best of me. That’s it.”
Morgan, 30, is batting .258/.318/.318 with 23 RBI, 57 runs scored and 33 stolen bases in 50 attempts this season. There’s still a pretty good chance he’ll end up non-tendered by the Nationals in December, but he at least has the final few games of the season to showcase the best parts of his game.
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 65
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 62
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 44
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 71
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (71)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)