Sep 24, 2010, 7:58 PM EDT
Nyjer Morgan wraps up his eight-game suspension today, which means that he is expected to return to the starting lineup for Saturday’s game against the Braves, reports Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post.
As our own Drew Silva told us over the weekend, Morgan used his time away from the diamond to make some much-needed amends, but from what he told Kilgore on Friday, it sounds like he has also gained a new perspective on things.
“I’m happy everything is over with,” Morgan said. “Now I can just keep
going and look at the positives and keep trying to build. Just try to
finish strong, just try to get some momentum going into next year.”
“Be smart about certain situations. Don’t let my emotions get the best of me. That’s it.”
Morgan, 30, is batting .258/.318/.318 with 23 RBI, 57 runs scored and 33 stolen bases in 50 attempts this season. There’s still a pretty good chance he’ll end up non-tendered by the Nationals in December, but he at least has the final few games of the season to showcase the best parts of his game.
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow 17
- Yadier Molina to miss 8-12 weeks with a torn thumb ligament 29
- Carlos Beltran placed on concussion disabled list after batting practice mishap 16
- Derek Jeter is the most popular MLB jersey this year 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 52
- The Rockies “aren’t looking around very hard” for a trade of star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki 29
- Jury finds the Dodgers partially negligent, awards $18 million to Bryan Stow 48
- Masahiro Tanaka injured: Yankees ace to undergo an MRI exam on his right arm 60
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (186)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (101)
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing (99)