Sep 24, 2010, 7:58 PM EDT
Nyjer Morgan wraps up his eight-game suspension today, which means that he is expected to return to the starting lineup for Saturday’s game against the Braves, reports Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post.
As our own Drew Silva told us over the weekend, Morgan used his time away from the diamond to make some much-needed amends, but from what he told Kilgore on Friday, it sounds like he has also gained a new perspective on things.
“I’m happy everything is over with,” Morgan said. “Now I can just keep
going and look at the positives and keep trying to build. Just try to
finish strong, just try to get some momentum going into next year.”
“Be smart about certain situations. Don’t let my emotions get the best of me. That’s it.”
Morgan, 30, is batting .258/.318/.318 with 23 RBI, 57 runs scored and 33 stolen bases in 50 attempts this season. There’s still a pretty good chance he’ll end up non-tendered by the Nationals in December, but he at least has the final few games of the season to showcase the best parts of his game.
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 2
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 37
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 131
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 69
- Willie Mays congratulates Alex Rodriguez for reaching 660 career home runs 33
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (363)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (131)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)