Sep 24, 2010, 2:04 PM EDT
The Padres have fundamentally altered the balance of power in the NL West by claiming Felipe Lopez off waivers. The Cardinals released him, so if no one else with a worse record than San Diego wanted him, he’s theirs.
I’m pretty sure you have 48 hours to make a waiver claim. Since it’s Felipe Lopez we’re talking about, however, I guess the Padres would be cool to take 51 hours because, like, who wants to be a slave to schedules, man?
I can’t really see what the Padres want with Lopez — he hasn’t hit this year, has a bad glove and has a terrible attitude — but he’s theirs if they want him I assume, because who else is going to claim him?
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 22
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 15
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 78
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 53
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (280)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)