Sep 24, 2010, 2:04 PM EDT
The Padres have fundamentally altered the balance of power in the NL West by claiming Felipe Lopez off waivers. The Cardinals released him, so if no one else with a worse record than San Diego wanted him, he’s theirs.
I’m pretty sure you have 48 hours to make a waiver claim. Since it’s Felipe Lopez we’re talking about, however, I guess the Padres would be cool to take 51 hours because, like, who wants to be a slave to schedules, man?
I can’t really see what the Padres want with Lopez — he hasn’t hit this year, has a bad glove and has a terrible attitude — but he’s theirs if they want him I assume, because who else is going to claim him?
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)