Sep 24, 2010, 2:04 PM EDT
The Padres have fundamentally altered the balance of power in the NL West by claiming Felipe Lopez off waivers. The Cardinals released him, so if no one else with a worse record than San Diego wanted him, he’s theirs.
I’m pretty sure you have 48 hours to make a waiver claim. Since it’s Felipe Lopez we’re talking about, however, I guess the Padres would be cool to take 51 hours because, like, who wants to be a slave to schedules, man?
I can’t really see what the Padres want with Lopez — he hasn’t hit this year, has a bad glove and has a terrible attitude — but he’s theirs if they want him I assume, because who else is going to claim him?
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 4
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 18
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)