Sep 24, 2010, 2:04 PM EDT
The Padres have fundamentally altered the balance of power in the NL West by claiming Felipe Lopez off waivers. The Cardinals released him, so if no one else with a worse record than San Diego wanted him, he’s theirs.
I’m pretty sure you have 48 hours to make a waiver claim. Since it’s Felipe Lopez we’re talking about, however, I guess the Padres would be cool to take 51 hours because, like, who wants to be a slave to schedules, man?
I can’t really see what the Padres want with Lopez — he hasn’t hit this year, has a bad glove and has a terrible attitude — but he’s theirs if they want him I assume, because who else is going to claim him?
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 45
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)