Sep 25, 2010, 3:31 PM EST
Joey Votto is back in the starting lineup for Saturday afternoon’s game against the Padres, according to Mark Sheldon of MLB.com.
Votto has been out of the lineup for each of the last three games due to a sinus infection, though he did strike out in a pinch-hit appearance against Padres’ closer Heath Bell last night.
“I just hadn’t had an at-bat in a while or hit on the field,” Votto
said. “That type of stuff tends to help. I felt like a fish out of water
there. But I’m sure I will be fine today.”
One of the favorites for the National League MVP award, the 27-year-old first baseman is batting .323/.422/.596 with 35 homers, 106 RBI and a 1.018 OPS this season.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)