Sep 25, 2010, 3:31 PM EST
Joey Votto is back in the starting lineup for Saturday afternoon’s game against the Padres, according to Mark Sheldon of MLB.com.
Votto has been out of the lineup for each of the last three games due to a sinus infection, though he did strike out in a pinch-hit appearance against Padres’ closer Heath Bell last night.
“I just hadn’t had an at-bat in a while or hit on the field,” Votto
said. “That type of stuff tends to help. I felt like a fish out of water
there. But I’m sure I will be fine today.”
One of the favorites for the National League MVP award, the 27-year-old first baseman is batting .323/.422/.596 with 35 homers, 106 RBI and a 1.018 OPS this season.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 68
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 158
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (160)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (135)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)