Sep 25, 2010, 3:31 PM EDT
Joey Votto is back in the starting lineup for Saturday afternoon’s game against the Padres, according to Mark Sheldon of MLB.com.
Votto has been out of the lineup for each of the last three games due to a sinus infection, though he did strike out in a pinch-hit appearance against Padres’ closer Heath Bell last night.
“I just hadn’t had an at-bat in a while or hit on the field,” Votto
said. “That type of stuff tends to help. I felt like a fish out of water
there. But I’m sure I will be fine today.”
One of the favorites for the National League MVP award, the 27-year-old first baseman is batting .323/.422/.596 with 35 homers, 106 RBI and a 1.018 OPS this season.
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 3
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 81
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 57
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)