Sep 25, 2010, 9:05 PM EDT
Scary moment in Detroit.
Twins manager Ron Gardenhire was hit in the head by an errant warm-up throw before Saturday’s game against the Tigers and was spotted bleeding from the ear. A Twins spokesman told the Associated Press that Gardy will be fine, but also that team doctors will continue to monitor his condition.
Gardenhire was not in the dugout when Saturday’s game began and was dealing with a headache.
The Twins are 92-61 on the season and locked up the American League Central earlier this week.
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 2
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 56
- Rafael Soriano took back all that stuff he said about Bryce Harper 12
- Don Mattingly may be uttering his last words as Dodgers manager 48
- Jaime Garcia needs shoulder surgery 9
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (110)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (70)
- Live Extra: Watch Penguins-Senators, Game 4
- LIVE: Heat host Pacers in Game 1 of East finals
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games