Sep 25, 2010, 9:05 PM EDT
Scary moment in Detroit.
Twins manager Ron Gardenhire was hit in the head by an errant warm-up throw before Saturday’s game against the Tigers and was spotted bleeding from the ear. A Twins spokesman told the Associated Press that Gardy will be fine, but also that team doctors will continue to monitor his condition.
Gardenhire was not in the dugout when Saturday’s game began and was dealing with a headache.
The Twins are 92-61 on the season and locked up the American League Central earlier this week.
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 26
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 3
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 67
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 30
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 48
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 68
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 91
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (157)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (99)