Sep 25, 2010, 9:05 PM EDT
Scary moment in Detroit.
Twins manager Ron Gardenhire was hit in the head by an errant warm-up throw before Saturday’s game against the Tigers and was spotted bleeding from the ear. A Twins spokesman told the Associated Press that Gardy will be fine, but also that team doctors will continue to monitor his condition.
Gardenhire was not in the dugout when Saturday’s game began and was dealing with a headache.
The Twins are 92-61 on the season and locked up the American League Central earlier this week.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 7
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20