Sep 25, 2010, 9:05 PM EDT
Scary moment in Detroit.
Twins manager Ron Gardenhire was hit in the head by an errant warm-up throw before Saturday’s game against the Tigers and was spotted bleeding from the ear. A Twins spokesman told the Associated Press that Gardy will be fine, but also that team doctors will continue to monitor his condition.
Gardenhire was not in the dugout when Saturday’s game began and was dealing with a headache.
The Twins are 92-61 on the season and locked up the American League Central earlier this week.
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 12
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 58
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 26
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 73
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)