Sep 25, 2010, 9:05 PM EDT
Scary moment in Detroit.
Twins manager Ron Gardenhire was hit in the head by an errant warm-up throw before Saturday’s game against the Tigers and was spotted bleeding from the ear. A Twins spokesman told the Associated Press that Gardy will be fine, but also that team doctors will continue to monitor his condition.
Gardenhire was not in the dugout when Saturday’s game began and was dealing with a headache.
The Twins are 92-61 on the season and locked up the American League Central earlier this week.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead