Sep 26, 2010, 3:03 PM EDT
Hawksworth was given 30 stitches on his mouth and upper lip to repair the lacerations that he suffered, but a CT scan was negative and the 27-year-old was discharged from a Chicago hospital on Sunday afternoon.
He will make a full recovery but is not expected to pitch again this season because of precautionary reasons.
Hawksworth served as a long reliever and spot starter this year for St. Louis, posting a 4.98 ERA and 1.64 WHIP over 90.1 total innings. He struck out 61 batters and walked 35.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (84)