Sep 26, 2010, 3:03 PM EDT
Hawksworth was given 30 stitches on his mouth and upper lip to repair the lacerations that he suffered, but a CT scan was negative and the 27-year-old was discharged from a Chicago hospital on Sunday afternoon.
He will make a full recovery but is not expected to pitch again this season because of precautionary reasons.
Hawksworth served as a long reliever and spot starter this year for St. Louis, posting a 4.98 ERA and 1.64 WHIP over 90.1 total innings. He struck out 61 batters and walked 35.
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 4
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 25
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 219
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 95
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (224)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (95)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (85)