Sep 27, 2010, 1:14 PM EDT
Yesterday the Rangers announced that they’ll start Cliff Lee, C.J. Wilson, and Colby Lewis in the first three games of the ALDS against the yet-to-be-determined AL East champions, and manager Ron Washington said that Lee “could go” on short rest for Game 4 “if we think we need him.”
Presumably “if we think we need him” would involve the Rangers being down 1-2, but Washington didn’t get into specifics. If they don’t bring Lee back on short rest for Game 4, then Tommy Hunter would draw the start and Lee would be ready to go on full rest for Game 5 or extra rest for Game 1 of the ALCS (or super-duper-extra rest for Game 1 of the 2011 season, of course).
Lee is scheduled to make his final regular season start Thursday, followed by Wilson on Friday and Lewis on either Saturday or Sunday. “Those are the guys that got us to this point and we’ll depend on them to take us as far as we can go,” Washington said.
Oddly, the Rangers actually have a losing record in games started by Lee (5-9) and Lewis (14-17), while they’re 23-8 in games started by Wilson.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (158)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)