Sep 27, 2010, 1:14 PM EST
Yesterday the Rangers announced that they’ll start Cliff Lee, C.J. Wilson, and Colby Lewis in the first three games of the ALDS against the yet-to-be-determined AL East champions, and manager Ron Washington said that Lee “could go” on short rest for Game 4 “if we think we need him.”
Presumably “if we think we need him” would involve the Rangers being down 1-2, but Washington didn’t get into specifics. If they don’t bring Lee back on short rest for Game 4, then Tommy Hunter would draw the start and Lee would be ready to go on full rest for Game 5 or extra rest for Game 1 of the ALCS (or super-duper-extra rest for Game 1 of the 2011 season, of course).
Lee is scheduled to make his final regular season start Thursday, followed by Wilson on Friday and Lewis on either Saturday or Sunday. “Those are the guys that got us to this point and we’ll depend on them to take us as far as we can go,” Washington said.
Oddly, the Rangers actually have a losing record in games started by Lee (5-9) and Lewis (14-17), while they’re 23-8 in games started by Wilson.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (95)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)