Sep 27, 2010, 8:47 AM EDT
A week after Don Mattingly was named manager of the Dodgers Ned Colletti shipped his son — Dodgers farmhand Preston Mattingly — off to Cleveland for another minor league outfielder.
Given that Mattingly is 23 and has struggled in A-ball, the trade likely wasn’t motivated by the Indians coveting him and offering value in return. Rather, this must be in keeping with the Dodgers’ well-known zero-tolerance-for-nepotism policy.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)