Sep 27, 2010, 6:18 PM EST
The excellent Padres blog Gaslamp Ball points out that Heath Bell took to Twitter on Sunday night to comment on the Rockies’ juiced ball “scandal” that Tim LIncecum weighed in on last week.
First, in a seeming response to Tim Lincecum’s unofficial allegations, he tweeted “SF are the nice people.”
That caught the eye of a fellow by the name of “themayorpete” and he came back with:
I assume by this you mean COL cheats. RT @HeathBell21: SF are the nice people
And Bell responded to Pete’s comment with a much less cryptic:
@themayorpete yes they do
Now, for what it’s worth, Bell’s Twitter account isn’t verified. However, ithe assumption is that it’s written by the pitcher himself and it is followed by many in baseball.
Since he’s the first to publically declare that the Rockies are cheating, he’ll probably be asked several times about the topic in future days, and it will be interesting to see if he elaborates further. We know MLB is taking an interest after the Giants’ complaint last week.
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 40
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 21
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 62
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 37
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)