Sep 27, 2010, 6:18 PM EDT
The excellent Padres blog Gaslamp Ball points out that Heath Bell took to Twitter on Sunday night to comment on the Rockies’ juiced ball “scandal” that Tim LIncecum weighed in on last week.
First, in a seeming response to Tim Lincecum’s unofficial allegations, he tweeted “SF are the nice people.”
That caught the eye of a fellow by the name of “themayorpete” and he came back with:
I assume by this you mean COL cheats. RT @HeathBell21: SF are the nice people
And Bell responded to Pete’s comment with a much less cryptic:
@themayorpete yes they do
Now, for what it’s worth, Bell’s Twitter account isn’t verified. However, ithe assumption is that it’s written by the pitcher himself and it is followed by many in baseball.
Since he’s the first to publically declare that the Rockies are cheating, he’ll probably be asked several times about the topic in future days, and it will be interesting to see if he elaborates further. We know MLB is taking an interest after the Giants’ complaint last week.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 54
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 16
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)