Sep 27, 2010, 6:18 PM EDT
The excellent Padres blog Gaslamp Ball points out that Heath Bell took to Twitter on Sunday night to comment on the Rockies’ juiced ball “scandal” that Tim LIncecum weighed in on last week.
First, in a seeming response to Tim Lincecum’s unofficial allegations, he tweeted “SF are the nice people.”
That caught the eye of a fellow by the name of “themayorpete” and he came back with:
I assume by this you mean COL cheats. RT @HeathBell21: SF are the nice people
And Bell responded to Pete’s comment with a much less cryptic:
@themayorpete yes they do
Now, for what it’s worth, Bell’s Twitter account isn’t verified. However, ithe assumption is that it’s written by the pitcher himself and it is followed by many in baseball.
Since he’s the first to publically declare that the Rockies are cheating, he’ll probably be asked several times about the topic in future days, and it will be interesting to see if he elaborates further. We know MLB is taking an interest after the Giants’ complaint last week.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 24
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 5
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 26
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 43
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 73
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)