Sep 27, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
In case you were curious, the McCourt trial resumed today after a mediation session on Friday bore no fruit. Which means that a stream of witnesses continue to take the stand today, almost all of whom are saying that Jamie McCourt knew that she was signing the Dodgers away to Frank a couple of years ago because she wanted to protect her real estate. Which, back then anyway, looked like a safer investment than the Dodgers did.
Baseball consultant Corey Busch was asked by Jamie’s attorney, Dennis
Wasser, why he sent an e-mail of support to Frank McCourt but not to
Jamie after news of their divorce broke.
“Well, when the stories broke, there were stories of an alleged
affair with her driver,” Busch said. “I felt particularly sad for
Mr. McCourt and his sons.”
Way to spice up a boring trial over a document! The best part: Wasser called the answer “a low blow.” Well then, Mr. Wasser, you probably shouldn’t have asked the question! Or did you not depose all of potential witnesses in the case?
That little diversion aside, Jamie — a trained family lawyer — continues to claim that the sorts of marital property documents that people paid her a lot of money to draft and enforce for years and years were foreign and confusing and scary to her and that this entitles her to get half of the Dodgers, so yes, craziness still reigns.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 3
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 6
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 18
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)