Sep 27, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
In case you were curious, the McCourt trial resumed today after a mediation session on Friday bore no fruit. Which means that a stream of witnesses continue to take the stand today, almost all of whom are saying that Jamie McCourt knew that she was signing the Dodgers away to Frank a couple of years ago because she wanted to protect her real estate. Which, back then anyway, looked like a safer investment than the Dodgers did.
Baseball consultant Corey Busch was asked by Jamie’s attorney, Dennis
Wasser, why he sent an e-mail of support to Frank McCourt but not to
Jamie after news of their divorce broke.
“Well, when the stories broke, there were stories of an alleged
affair with her driver,” Busch said. “I felt particularly sad for
Mr. McCourt and his sons.”
Way to spice up a boring trial over a document! The best part: Wasser called the answer “a low blow.” Well then, Mr. Wasser, you probably shouldn’t have asked the question! Or did you not depose all of potential witnesses in the case?
That little diversion aside, Jamie — a trained family lawyer — continues to claim that the sorts of marital property documents that people paid her a lot of money to draft and enforce for years and years were foreign and confusing and scary to her and that this entitles her to get half of the Dodgers, so yes, craziness still reigns.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 47
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 31
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (204)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)