Sep 28, 2010, 3:08 AM EDT
This story from Gordon Wittenmyer of the Chicago Sun-Times will have Red Sox fans quaking in their boots. Yes that’s right, Adrian Gonzalez likes Chicago!
”There’s definitely a lot of positives about Chicago that if they made an offer, I would be interested in it,” said Gonzalez, 28, whose ability to hit for power to all fields is one reason he has a career .693 slugging percentage at Wrigley Field (85 plate appearances).
”Chicago’s a great town, and they have great fans, and I like the fact that it’s a small ballpark. I know the wind can play against you, but it can play for you, too. There’s definitely some positives. And my wife loves Chicago, for the shopping.”
Gonzalez’s wife likes Chicago because of the shopping? What, there’s no good shopping in Southern California? I’m not buying that one personally, but I guess if Gisele Bundchen can do THIS to Tom Brady, anything is possible.
That being said, I’ll bet my Justin Bieber wig that the whole “small ballpark” thing — not to mention money — will play a lot bigger role in Gonzalez’s decision once he hits free agency in a year. So rest easy, Red Sox fans, though Gonzalez has never played at Fenway, I’m sure word will somehow reach his ears that it’s a bit of a hitter’s park.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 50
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 5
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 62
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (89)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)