Sep 28, 2010, 5:30 PM EDT
Unlike some of my Comments of the Day, I’m not posting this one to
mock the reader. A lot of people responded to my Jose Bautista piece
the way the reader below did, and he’s clearly not alone in thinking I have my head up my
butt on the issue of steroids in baseball.
More generally speaking, it’s my hope that, going forward, I can better use the Comment of the Day
feature to bring up these kinds of reader dissents. Less so that I can
rebut them — I get tons of time to do that in other posts — but more so that alternative reader opinions, even ones I
disagree with on about 18 levels, can be given
voice. Like a lot of blogs, this one is not immune to groupthink, and
I’d like to try and combat that. Posting alternative viewpoints without my own commentary is one small way to do that.
With that out of the way, here’s reader mkhill12, responding to my little Jose Bautista rant from yesterday:
Hey, Calcaterra . . . get your head out of your a–. Quit hiding behind
“if you have no proof, please spare us your insinuations to the
contrary.” He went from a career best 16 HRs in one season to FIFTY
FREAKING TWO and there’s still a week left in the season. Let me
repeat: FIFTY FREAKING TWO. He absolutely does NOT deserve the benefit of the doubt, and he can thank Bonds, McGwire, A-Rod, Manny, Brady Anderson, Raffy, Ortiz, Giambi, Clemens, Pettitte and so and and so forth.
Is it fair? No. But life’s not fair.
And you’re serving up of the 2 PED tests that he’s supposedly taken and passed as proof that he’s clean is absolutely comical. Newsflash,
jerky! The current PED test does NOT test for HGH!
Given the revelation of rampant steroid and PED use in MLB in the past
several years, it would be irresponsible if the media did NOT bring up
PEDs when discussing Bautista’s ridiculous year. But you continue to keep your head in the sand….and you probably still believe in Santa Claus and think the Moon is a giant ball of cheese. So do us a favor -get off the soap box and join reality.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 0
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 16
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 50
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 62
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 30
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 93
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (93)