Sep 28, 2010, 5:30 PM EDT
Unlike some of my Comments of the Day, I’m not posting this one to
mock the reader. A lot of people responded to my Jose Bautista piece
the way the reader below did, and he’s clearly not alone in thinking I have my head up my
butt on the issue of steroids in baseball.
More generally speaking, it’s my hope that, going forward, I can better use the Comment of the Day
feature to bring up these kinds of reader dissents. Less so that I can
rebut them — I get tons of time to do that in other posts — but more so that alternative reader opinions, even ones I
disagree with on about 18 levels, can be given
voice. Like a lot of blogs, this one is not immune to groupthink, and
I’d like to try and combat that. Posting alternative viewpoints without my own commentary is one small way to do that.
With that out of the way, here’s reader mkhill12, responding to my little Jose Bautista rant from yesterday:
Hey, Calcaterra . . . get your head out of your a–. Quit hiding behind
“if you have no proof, please spare us your insinuations to the
contrary.” He went from a career best 16 HRs in one season to FIFTY
FREAKING TWO and there’s still a week left in the season. Let me
repeat: FIFTY FREAKING TWO. He absolutely does NOT deserve the benefit of the doubt, and he can thank Bonds, McGwire, A-Rod, Manny, Brady Anderson, Raffy, Ortiz, Giambi, Clemens, Pettitte and so and and so forth.
Is it fair? No. But life’s not fair.
And you’re serving up of the 2 PED tests that he’s supposedly taken and passed as proof that he’s clean is absolutely comical. Newsflash,
jerky! The current PED test does NOT test for HGH!
Given the revelation of rampant steroid and PED use in MLB in the past
several years, it would be irresponsible if the media did NOT bring up
PEDs when discussing Bautista’s ridiculous year. But you continue to keep your head in the sand….and you probably still believe in Santa Claus and think the Moon is a giant ball of cheese. So do us a favor -get off the soap box and join reality.
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 7
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 24
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)