Sep 28, 2010, 6:52 PM EST
I spend a lot of time on Twitter. Probably too much, but it’s OK, because my boss rarely walks by my desk. Anyway, today I was letting my eyes glaze over at the screen when Padres closer Heath Bell tweeted the following:
“Whoever can tell me why they love the Padres the most gets two tickets to tomorrow night’s game.”
My impulsive response: “Because their closer is dreamy!”
Turns out I came in second. The winner — a guy named “tdr43″ — should have been disqualified in my opinion, what with him using some third party Twitter software to go way, way over the 140 character limit. Granted, his response was passionate and more comprehensive than mine was, but where I come from simple butt-kissing gets you places. What is this world coming to?
Oh well. It’s not like I could have got to San Diego by tomorrow night anyway. And even if I could have, I just would have gone there to root against the Padres so that my Braves could take the wild card. I’m guessing Heath Bell wouldn’t have liked that too much.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)