Sep 28, 2010, 6:52 PM EDT
I spend a lot of time on Twitter. Probably too much, but it’s OK, because my boss rarely walks by my desk. Anyway, today I was letting my eyes glaze over at the screen when Padres closer Heath Bell tweeted the following:
“Whoever can tell me why they love the Padres the most gets two tickets to tomorrow night’s game.”
My impulsive response: “Because their closer is dreamy!”
Turns out I came in second. The winner — a guy named “tdr43″ — should have been disqualified in my opinion, what with him using some third party Twitter software to go way, way over the 140 character limit. Granted, his response was passionate and more comprehensive than mine was, but where I come from simple butt-kissing gets you places. What is this world coming to?
Oh well. It’s not like I could have got to San Diego by tomorrow night anyway. And even if I could have, I just would have gone there to root against the Padres so that my Braves could take the wild card. I’m guessing Heath Bell wouldn’t have liked that too much.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 56
- Zack Wheeler goes six scoreless innings in MLB debut 15
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 43
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 41
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead