Sep 28, 2010, 6:52 PM EST
I spend a lot of time on Twitter. Probably too much, but it’s OK, because my boss rarely walks by my desk. Anyway, today I was letting my eyes glaze over at the screen when Padres closer Heath Bell tweeted the following:
“Whoever can tell me why they love the Padres the most gets two tickets to tomorrow night’s game.”
My impulsive response: “Because their closer is dreamy!”
Turns out I came in second. The winner — a guy named “tdr43″ — should have been disqualified in my opinion, what with him using some third party Twitter software to go way, way over the 140 character limit. Granted, his response was passionate and more comprehensive than mine was, but where I come from simple butt-kissing gets you places. What is this world coming to?
Oh well. It’s not like I could have got to San Diego by tomorrow night anyway. And even if I could have, I just would have gone there to root against the Padres so that my Braves could take the wild card. I’m guessing Heath Bell wouldn’t have liked that too much.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27