Sep 28, 2010, 6:52 PM EST
I spend a lot of time on Twitter. Probably too much, but it’s OK, because my boss rarely walks by my desk. Anyway, today I was letting my eyes glaze over at the screen when Padres closer Heath Bell tweeted the following:
“Whoever can tell me why they love the Padres the most gets two tickets to tomorrow night’s game.”
My impulsive response: “Because their closer is dreamy!”
Turns out I came in second. The winner — a guy named “tdr43″ — should have been disqualified in my opinion, what with him using some third party Twitter software to go way, way over the 140 character limit. Granted, his response was passionate and more comprehensive than mine was, but where I come from simple butt-kissing gets you places. What is this world coming to?
Oh well. It’s not like I could have got to San Diego by tomorrow night anyway. And even if I could have, I just would have gone there to root against the Padres so that my Braves could take the wild card. I’m guessing Heath Bell wouldn’t have liked that too much.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 155
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 17
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (91)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)