Sep 28, 2010, 7:00 PM EDT
Working out before Tuesday’s game, Josh Hamilton took 20 swings off a tee and 20 more of the soft-toss variety as he continues his comeback from two fractured ribs.
Hamilton said he swung with about 60-percent effort and labeled it “a good day,” according to MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan. He also shagged flyballs in the outfield during batting practice.
Hamilton said he expects to take more swings tomorrow. The MVP candidate hasn’t played since Sept. 4, but he hopes to see some action in games this weekend before hopefully reclaiming his permanent lineup spot in the postseason.
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 45
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 121
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 86
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 164
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (202)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (164)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (123)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (122)