Sep 28, 2010, 7:00 PM EDT
Working out before Tuesday’s game, Josh Hamilton took 20 swings off a tee and 20 more of the soft-toss variety as he continues his comeback from two fractured ribs.
Hamilton said he swung with about 60-percent effort and labeled it “a good day,” according to MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan. He also shagged flyballs in the outfield during batting practice.
Hamilton said he expects to take more swings tomorrow. The MVP candidate hasn’t played since Sept. 4, but he hopes to see some action in games this weekend before hopefully reclaiming his permanent lineup spot in the postseason.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 35
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)