Sep 28, 2010, 7:00 PM EDT
Working out before Tuesday’s game, Josh Hamilton took 20 swings off a tee and 20 more of the soft-toss variety as he continues his comeback from two fractured ribs.
Hamilton said he swung with about 60-percent effort and labeled it “a good day,” according to MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan. He also shagged flyballs in the outfield during batting practice.
Hamilton said he expects to take more swings tomorrow. The MVP candidate hasn’t played since Sept. 4, but he hopes to see some action in games this weekend before hopefully reclaiming his permanent lineup spot in the postseason.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final