Sep 28, 2010, 7:00 PM EDT
Working out before Tuesday’s game, Josh Hamilton took 20 swings off a tee and 20 more of the soft-toss variety as he continues his comeback from two fractured ribs.
Hamilton said he swung with about 60-percent effort and labeled it “a good day,” according to MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan. He also shagged flyballs in the outfield during batting practice.
Hamilton said he expects to take more swings tomorrow. The MVP candidate hasn’t played since Sept. 4, but he hopes to see some action in games this weekend before hopefully reclaiming his permanent lineup spot in the postseason.
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 86
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 28
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 97
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)