Sep 28, 2010, 11:05 AM EST
File this under the “no surprises” department, but our suspicion that Ken Macha will be fired by the Brewers is being bolstered this morning by Buster Olney’s report that “unless there is a last-hour change of heart on the part of the Brewers, Manager Ken Macha will not be retained.”
I’d guess that the only last-hour change of heart that would matter is if Prince Fielder says that he’ll sign a five-year, $50 million contract with the Brewers but ONLY if Ken Macha stays. So yeah, good luck with that. Olney also repeats something else we’ve heard: Willie Randolph doesn’t want the Brewers job (we’ve heard previously that they don’t him so that’s lucky).
I have no idea who the Brewers would want, but if the Cubs hire Mike Quade, wouldn’t it be awesome if they went and poached Ryne Sandberg from the Cubs? Nothin’ like poking a hornet’s nest, eh?
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)