Sep 28, 2010, 11:59 AM EDT
I do my best to avoid ever thinking about the NFL, but since some of you mentioned it in the comments, I feel obligated to note that the Rays aren’t the only team having trouble selling tickets in the Bay Area. The Bucs are facing an entire season’s worth of blackouts.
Can’t blame the stadium or the location for that one. You probably can blame ticket prices. Maybe the on-the-field product (I know the Bucs are 2-1, but are they any good? No clue). Really, though, I don’t know enough about football economics to even hope to draw an intelligent conclusion from this.
Maybe if we put them back in orange jerseys?
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 2
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 16
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 21
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 9
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 46
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (245)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)