Sep 28, 2010, 11:59 AM EDT
I do my best to avoid ever thinking about the NFL, but since some of you mentioned it in the comments, I feel obligated to note that the Rays aren’t the only team having trouble selling tickets in the Bay Area. The Bucs are facing an entire season’s worth of blackouts.
Can’t blame the stadium or the location for that one. You probably can blame ticket prices. Maybe the on-the-field product (I know the Bucs are 2-1, but are they any good? No clue). Really, though, I don’t know enough about football economics to even hope to draw an intelligent conclusion from this.
Maybe if we put them back in orange jerseys?
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 14
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)