Sep 28, 2010, 11:59 AM EDT
I do my best to avoid ever thinking about the NFL, but since some of you mentioned it in the comments, I feel obligated to note that the Rays aren’t the only team having trouble selling tickets in the Bay Area. The Bucs are facing an entire season’s worth of blackouts.
Can’t blame the stadium or the location for that one. You probably can blame ticket prices. Maybe the on-the-field product (I know the Bucs are 2-1, but are they any good? No clue). Really, though, I don’t know enough about football economics to even hope to draw an intelligent conclusion from this.
Maybe if we put them back in orange jerseys?
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 3
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 20
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 36
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)