Sep 28, 2010, 11:59 AM EDT
I do my best to avoid ever thinking about the NFL, but since some of you mentioned it in the comments, I feel obligated to note that the Rays aren’t the only team having trouble selling tickets in the Bay Area. The Bucs are facing an entire season’s worth of blackouts.
Can’t blame the stadium or the location for that one. You probably can blame ticket prices. Maybe the on-the-field product (I know the Bucs are 2-1, but are they any good? No clue). Really, though, I don’t know enough about football economics to even hope to draw an intelligent conclusion from this.
Maybe if we put them back in orange jerseys?
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 27
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 64
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 84
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 164
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (164)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (123)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)