Sep 29, 2010, 9:39 AM EDT
The next time you rail against millionaire ballplayers, remember that not all of them — not even all of them who have been in and around the big leagues for a while — are rollin’ in it. R.A. Dickey certainly ain’t rich yet, though hopefully he’ll cash in this winter with either a nice arbitration award or an arbitration-avoiding deal with the Mets.
Why should you root for him to some dough? Because after reading this morning’s story about Dickey’s travels and his family — a wife and three kids in Nashville with a fourth on the way — by Andy McCollough of the Star-Ledger, you can’t not root for him.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 51
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)