Sep 29, 2010, 9:39 AM EDT
The next time you rail against millionaire ballplayers, remember that not all of them — not even all of them who have been in and around the big leagues for a while — are rollin’ in it. R.A. Dickey certainly ain’t rich yet, though hopefully he’ll cash in this winter with either a nice arbitration award or an arbitration-avoiding deal with the Mets.
Why should you root for him to some dough? Because after reading this morning’s story about Dickey’s travels and his family — a wife and three kids in Nashville with a fourth on the way — by Andy McCollough of the Star-Ledger, you can’t not root for him.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 0
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 7
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 18
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)