Sep 29, 2010, 5:03 PM EDT
Reader Joerf was at Game 7 as well:
My father and I were at the game. We were sitting in a box on the first base side, the tickets were a gift from one of his clients. My dad wasn’t much of a baseball fan but I loved it. Benny Benack was playing “the Bucs are going all the way, all the way this year.”
People were singing on the way into the park. My dad wanted to leave
because the Yankees were winning in the 8th and I wouldn’t budge so we stayed. I had a coke in one hand and was so excite when Maz came up to bat. When he hit that home run the Coke went flying into the air and everyone was screaming and crying.
It was one of the top events in my life. I always tell my kids #1 seeing the Beatles, #2 Maz’s homerun, #3 meeting my husband & #4 having them. It was a great day . . . and night.
Great story. But I do have to say, Joerf — with all due respect to your father, be he with us still or elsewhere — wanting to leave Game 7 of the World Series early would . . . not have been the best choice. Glad you talked him out of it.
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 27
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 45
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 26
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 73
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)