Sep 29, 2010, 5:03 PM EDT
Reader Joerf was at Game 7 as well:
My father and I were at the game. We were sitting in a box on the first base side, the tickets were a gift from one of his clients. My dad wasn’t much of a baseball fan but I loved it. Benny Benack was playing “the Bucs are going all the way, all the way this year.”
People were singing on the way into the park. My dad wanted to leave
because the Yankees were winning in the 8th and I wouldn’t budge so we stayed. I had a coke in one hand and was so excite when Maz came up to bat. When he hit that home run the Coke went flying into the air and everyone was screaming and crying.
It was one of the top events in my life. I always tell my kids #1 seeing the Beatles, #2 Maz’s homerun, #3 meeting my husband & #4 having them. It was a great day . . . and night.
Great story. But I do have to say, Joerf — with all due respect to your father, be he with us still or elsewhere — wanting to leave Game 7 of the World Series early would . . . not have been the best choice. Glad you talked him out of it.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 39
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 53
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 44
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 64
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)