Sep 29, 2010, 5:03 PM EDT
Reader Joerf was at Game 7 as well:
My father and I were at the game. We were sitting in a box on the first base side, the tickets were a gift from one of his clients. My dad wasn’t much of a baseball fan but I loved it. Benny Benack was playing “the Bucs are going all the way, all the way this year.”
People were singing on the way into the park. My dad wanted to leave
because the Yankees were winning in the 8th and I wouldn’t budge so we stayed. I had a coke in one hand and was so excite when Maz came up to bat. When he hit that home run the Coke went flying into the air and everyone was screaming and crying.
It was one of the top events in my life. I always tell my kids #1 seeing the Beatles, #2 Maz’s homerun, #3 meeting my husband & #4 having them. It was a great day . . . and night.
Great story. But I do have to say, Joerf — with all due respect to your father, be he with us still or elsewhere — wanting to leave Game 7 of the World Series early would . . . not have been the best choice. Glad you talked him out of it.
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 5
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 38
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 25
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)