Sep 29, 2010, 5:03 PM EDT
Reader Joerf was at Game 7 as well:
My father and I were at the game. We were sitting in a box on the first base side, the tickets were a gift from one of his clients. My dad wasn’t much of a baseball fan but I loved it. Benny Benack was playing “the Bucs are going all the way, all the way this year.”
People were singing on the way into the park. My dad wanted to leave
because the Yankees were winning in the 8th and I wouldn’t budge so we stayed. I had a coke in one hand and was so excite when Maz came up to bat. When he hit that home run the Coke went flying into the air and everyone was screaming and crying.
It was one of the top events in my life. I always tell my kids #1 seeing the Beatles, #2 Maz’s homerun, #3 meeting my husband & #4 having them. It was a great day . . . and night.
Great story. But I do have to say, Joerf — with all due respect to your father, be he with us still or elsewhere — wanting to leave Game 7 of the World Series early would . . . not have been the best choice. Glad you talked him out of it.
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 4
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 21
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 18
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 9
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)