Sep 29, 2010, 11:59 AM EST
He doesn’t sound like the picture of health, but Josh Hamilton says he’s feeling better. He took some batting practice yesterday and shagged flies. Though, as Anthony Andro of the Star-Telegram reports, he didn’t make any throws and still has a lot of stiffness. He says he’s working out at about 60% right now.
Hamilton says if things keep progressing like this, that he could get into a game this weekend. As a DH, I’d guess, to avoid those throws. The key for him now would be to do whatever he can to knock the rust off his hitting timing. Because, really, the Rangers need his bat something awful.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)