Sep 29, 2010, 11:59 AM EST
He doesn’t sound like the picture of health, but Josh Hamilton says he’s feeling better. He took some batting practice yesterday and shagged flies. Though, as Anthony Andro of the Star-Telegram reports, he didn’t make any throws and still has a lot of stiffness. He says he’s working out at about 60% right now.
Hamilton says if things keep progressing like this, that he could get into a game this weekend. As a DH, I’d guess, to avoid those throws. The key for him now would be to do whatever he can to knock the rust off his hitting timing. Because, really, the Rangers need his bat something awful.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 42
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 166
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (166)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)