Sep 29, 2010, 11:59 AM EDT
He doesn’t sound like the picture of health, but Josh Hamilton says he’s feeling better. He took some batting practice yesterday and shagged flies. Though, as Anthony Andro of the Star-Telegram reports, he didn’t make any throws and still has a lot of stiffness. He says he’s working out at about 60% right now.
Hamilton says if things keep progressing like this, that he could get into a game this weekend. As a DH, I’d guess, to avoid those throws. The key for him now would be to do whatever he can to knock the rust off his hitting timing. Because, really, the Rangers need his bat something awful.
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 3
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 17
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (89)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)