Sep 29, 2010, 11:59 AM EDT
He doesn’t sound like the picture of health, but Josh Hamilton says he’s feeling better. He took some batting practice yesterday and shagged flies. Though, as Anthony Andro of the Star-Telegram reports, he didn’t make any throws and still has a lot of stiffness. He says he’s working out at about 60% right now.
Hamilton says if things keep progressing like this, that he could get into a game this weekend. As a DH, I’d guess, to avoid those throws. The key for him now would be to do whatever he can to knock the rust off his hitting timing. Because, really, the Rangers need his bat something awful.
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 14
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 41
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 18
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)