Sep 29, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
It wasn’t exactly standing room only, but let the record reflect that 17,891 souls showed up for the Rays’ playoff clinching game last night. I don’t have the energy to go back into yesterday’s What Does This Mean discussion, but I figured people should know.
And no, this is not an epic fail in light of the Rays 20,000 ticket giveaway. That’s for tonight’s game, not last night’s. Of course, if they still draw only 17K tonight, OK, we’ll talk.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 47
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 24
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 23
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 37
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (99)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)