Sep 29, 2010, 10:00 AM EST
It wasn’t exactly standing room only, but let the record reflect that 17,891 souls showed up for the Rays’ playoff clinching game last night. I don’t have the energy to go back into yesterday’s What Does This Mean discussion, but I figured people should know.
And no, this is not an epic fail in light of the Rays 20,000 ticket giveaway. That’s for tonight’s game, not last night’s. Of course, if they still draw only 17K tonight, OK, we’ll talk.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 76
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 42
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 24
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)