Sep 29, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
It wasn’t exactly standing room only, but let the record reflect that 17,891 souls showed up for the Rays’ playoff clinching game last night. I don’t have the energy to go back into yesterday’s What Does This Mean discussion, but I figured people should know.
And no, this is not an epic fail in light of the Rays 20,000 ticket giveaway. That’s for tonight’s game, not last night’s. Of course, if they still draw only 17K tonight, OK, we’ll talk.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 48
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 52
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 89
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 96
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (104)