Sep 29, 2010, 8:52 AM EDT
I hadn’t noticed this, but reader Kevin pointed it out to me in the comments this morning: The Yankees scored six runs last night without any of them scoring on a hit. They had three sacrifice flies, a bases loaded walk and two run-scoring ground
Kevin wanted to know if a team had ever scored that many runs without the aid of any RBI hits before. I have no idea. And as I sit here right now, I have no idea how one would even look that up. Do any of you know, or is this a job for that odd fact research team Jayson Stark keeps chained up in his basement?
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (152)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)