Sep 29, 2010, 8:52 AM EST
I hadn’t noticed this, but reader Kevin pointed it out to me in the comments this morning: The Yankees scored six runs last night without any of them scoring on a hit. They had three sacrifice flies, a bases loaded walk and two run-scoring ground
Kevin wanted to know if a team had ever scored that many runs without the aid of any RBI hits before. I have no idea. And as I sit here right now, I have no idea how one would even look that up. Do any of you know, or is this a job for that odd fact research team Jayson Stark keeps chained up in his basement?
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)