Sep 29, 2010, 8:52 AM EDT
I hadn’t noticed this, but reader Kevin pointed it out to me in the comments this morning: The Yankees scored six runs last night without any of them scoring on a hit. They had three sacrifice flies, a bases loaded walk and two run-scoring ground
Kevin wanted to know if a team had ever scored that many runs without the aid of any RBI hits before. I have no idea. And as I sit here right now, I have no idea how one would even look that up. Do any of you know, or is this a job for that odd fact research team Jayson Stark keeps chained up in his basement?
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PFT: Gronk's arm infection clear after surgery
- HBT: Dodgers have 'no plans' to fire Mattingly
- PBT: Brothers assaulted for taking Lillard's photo?
- PBT: Nets reportedly 'hone in' on Grizzlies' Hollins