Sep 30, 2010, 5:30 PM EST
I have the Giants-Dbacks game on and, just a minute ago, Buster Posey hit a two-run homer to extend the Giants’ lead to 4-1 in the bottom of the sixth. A Giants victory today will force the Padres to sweep them this weekend if they want to win the west. In San Francisco. Seems like a tall order.
Since it’s a big game with playoff implications, every writer in the country is watching it. I wonder if that may not put Posey over the top in what has been a closer-than-all-get-out race for Rookie of the Year with Jason Heyward.
Less significant things have tipped closer races in the past.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (88)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)