Sep 30, 2010, 5:30 PM EDT
I have the Giants-Dbacks game on and, just a minute ago, Buster Posey hit a two-run homer to extend the Giants’ lead to 4-1 in the bottom of the sixth. A Giants victory today will force the Padres to sweep them this weekend if they want to win the west. In San Francisco. Seems like a tall order.
Since it’s a big game with playoff implications, every writer in the country is watching it. I wonder if that may not put Posey over the top in what has been a closer-than-all-get-out race for Rookie of the Year with Jason Heyward.
Less significant things have tipped closer races in the past.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)