Sep 30, 2010, 5:05 PM EDT
Jon Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer reports that Jim Edmonds is “hopeful” that he’ll be able to play in the playoffs.
This seems like a big stretch to me. While what was thought to have been a torn Achilles tendon turned out to not be all that bad, Edmonds is clearly limited and clearly gimpy. He hasn’t played in nine days, and even then he was just pinch hitting.
I know it must be tempting for Edmonds to end his career — and it is almost certain to end after the season — with a playoff appearance, but I don’t see how the Reds can justify a playoff roster spot for him at this point.
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 10
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 91
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (109)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (91)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)