Sep 30, 2010, 5:05 PM EST
Jon Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer reports that Jim Edmonds is “hopeful” that he’ll be able to play in the playoffs.
This seems like a big stretch to me. While what was thought to have been a torn Achilles tendon turned out to not be all that bad, Edmonds is clearly limited and clearly gimpy. He hasn’t played in nine days, and even then he was just pinch hitting.
I know it must be tempting for Edmonds to end his career — and it is almost certain to end after the season — with a playoff appearance, but I don’t see how the Reds can justify a playoff roster spot for him at this point.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)