Sep 30, 2010, 5:45 PM EDT
Out since September 4 with fractured ribs, Josh Hamilton is expected to return to the Rangers’ lineup for tomorrow night’s game against the Angels.
Texas has nothing to really play for during the final weekend of the season, but Hamilton said previously that he felt it was important to get some at-bats before the playoffs. T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com reports that Hamilton will play six innings in the outfield tomorrow, serve as the designated hitter Saturday, and then return to the outfield Sunday.
His timing is particularly good because Hamilton’s fill-in for the past few weeks, David Murphy, suffered a groin injury yesterday that will definitely cause him to miss the final three regular season games and could put his status for the ALDS in question. Murphy hit .341 with 16 RBIs in 21 games subbing for Hamilton.
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 4
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 16
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 50
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 22
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)