Sep 30, 2010, 5:45 PM EDT
Out since September 4 with fractured ribs, Josh Hamilton is expected to return to the Rangers’ lineup for tomorrow night’s game against the Angels.
Texas has nothing to really play for during the final weekend of the season, but Hamilton said previously that he felt it was important to get some at-bats before the playoffs. T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com reports that Hamilton will play six innings in the outfield tomorrow, serve as the designated hitter Saturday, and then return to the outfield Sunday.
His timing is particularly good because Hamilton’s fill-in for the past few weeks, David Murphy, suffered a groin injury yesterday that will definitely cause him to miss the final three regular season games and could put his status for the ALDS in question. Murphy hit .341 with 16 RBIs in 21 games subbing for Hamilton.
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 7
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 24
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 43
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract 153
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (126)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)