Sep 30, 2010, 5:45 PM EDT
Out since September 4 with fractured ribs, Josh Hamilton is expected to return to the Rangers’ lineup for tomorrow night’s game against the Angels.
Texas has nothing to really play for during the final weekend of the season, but Hamilton said previously that he felt it was important to get some at-bats before the playoffs. T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com reports that Hamilton will play six innings in the outfield tomorrow, serve as the designated hitter Saturday, and then return to the outfield Sunday.
His timing is particularly good because Hamilton’s fill-in for the past few weeks, David Murphy, suffered a groin injury yesterday that will definitely cause him to miss the final three regular season games and could put his status for the ALDS in question. Murphy hit .341 with 16 RBIs in 21 games subbing for Hamilton.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (109)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)