Sep 30, 2010, 6:00 PM EDT
Ted Berg is a friend of HardballTalk. He reads it and links it from time to time over at his Mets (and other New York sports)-focused blog, Tedquarters. He is a witty chap on Twitter, and really, if you can make me laugh on Twitter a couple of times a day you’re going to be really high on my list.
Today Ted has a touching piece about grown-up sandlot baseball in Brooklyn and a diagnosis that could — but will not, he vows — keep him from playing it.
Good stuff from a good guy. Check it out.
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 21
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 17
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 11
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 48
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)