Sep 30, 2010, 6:00 PM EDT
Ted Berg is a friend of HardballTalk. He reads it and links it from time to time over at his Mets (and other New York sports)-focused blog, Tedquarters. He is a witty chap on Twitter, and really, if you can make me laugh on Twitter a couple of times a day you’re going to be really high on my list.
Today Ted has a touching piece about grown-up sandlot baseball in Brooklyn and a diagnosis that could — but will not, he vows — keep him from playing it.
Good stuff from a good guy. Check it out.
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 1
- Wild Card Game: Giants vs. Pirates lineups 4
- The beauty of belief 36
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 41
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)