Sep 30, 2010, 6:00 PM EDT
Ted Berg is a friend of HardballTalk. He reads it and links it from time to time over at his Mets (and other New York sports)-focused blog, Tedquarters. He is a witty chap on Twitter, and really, if you can make me laugh on Twitter a couple of times a day you’re going to be really high on my list.
Today Ted has a touching piece about grown-up sandlot baseball in Brooklyn and a diagnosis that could — but will not, he vows — keep him from playing it.
Good stuff from a good guy. Check it out.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 45
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 51
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 76
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 56
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 50
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 95
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (104)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)