Sep 30, 2010, 6:00 PM EDT
Ted Berg is a friend of HardballTalk. He reads it and links it from time to time over at his Mets (and other New York sports)-focused blog, Tedquarters. He is a witty chap on Twitter, and really, if you can make me laugh on Twitter a couple of times a day you’re going to be really high on my list.
Today Ted has a touching piece about grown-up sandlot baseball in Brooklyn and a diagnosis that could — but will not, he vows — keep him from playing it.
Good stuff from a good guy. Check it out.
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 5
- Dodgers acquire Mat Latos and Michael Morse from Marlins 40
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 41
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 31
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 52
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 65
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)