Sep 30, 2010, 4:32 PM EDT
Mat Latos’ comments yesterday about how awful and unfair it was that the Giants go out and acquire players in the middle of the season didn’t go over very well around these parts. They also didn’t go over very well with his own teammates, it seems.
Dan Hayes, who covers the Padres for the North County Times, just tweeted that “a veteran Padres player expressed disappointment” at Latos’ comments, saying “it’s just not smart.”
I agree. And I’m not sure which veteran Padres player it was who said that, but let us note that two minutes after that tweet Hayes tweeted some things Adrian Gonzalez had to say about some other stuff.
But that doesn’t mean it was Gonzalez. Perhaps Hayes just works his way around the clubhouse quickly.
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 65
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 50
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 57
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (89)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)