Sep 30, 2010, 4:32 PM EDT
Mat Latos’ comments yesterday about how awful and unfair it was that the Giants go out and acquire players in the middle of the season didn’t go over very well around these parts. They also didn’t go over very well with his own teammates, it seems.
Dan Hayes, who covers the Padres for the North County Times, just tweeted that “a veteran Padres player expressed disappointment” at Latos’ comments, saying “it’s just not smart.”
I agree. And I’m not sure which veteran Padres player it was who said that, but let us note that two minutes after that tweet Hayes tweeted some things Adrian Gonzalez had to say about some other stuff.
But that doesn’t mean it was Gonzalez. Perhaps Hayes just works his way around the clubhouse quickly.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 13
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 217
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 140
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (225)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (140)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)