Sep 30, 2010, 4:32 PM EST
Mat Latos’ comments yesterday about how awful and unfair it was that the Giants go out and acquire players in the middle of the season didn’t go over very well around these parts. They also didn’t go over very well with his own teammates, it seems.
Dan Hayes, who covers the Padres for the North County Times, just tweeted that “a veteran Padres player expressed disappointment” at Latos’ comments, saying “it’s just not smart.”
I agree. And I’m not sure which veteran Padres player it was who said that, but let us note that two minutes after that tweet Hayes tweeted some things Adrian Gonzalez had to say about some other stuff.
But that doesn’t mean it was Gonzalez. Perhaps Hayes just works his way around the clubhouse quickly.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 77
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 45
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 26
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)