Sep 30, 2010, 4:32 PM EST
Mat Latos’ comments yesterday about how awful and unfair it was that the Giants go out and acquire players in the middle of the season didn’t go over very well around these parts. They also didn’t go over very well with his own teammates, it seems.
Dan Hayes, who covers the Padres for the North County Times, just tweeted that “a veteran Padres player expressed disappointment” at Latos’ comments, saying “it’s just not smart.”
I agree. And I’m not sure which veteran Padres player it was who said that, but let us note that two minutes after that tweet Hayes tweeted some things Adrian Gonzalez had to say about some other stuff.
But that doesn’t mean it was Gonzalez. Perhaps Hayes just works his way around the clubhouse quickly.
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 0
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 13
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Phillies and Brewers moving closer to Jonathan Papelbon trade 52
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (143)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)