Sep 30, 2010, 4:32 PM EDT
Mat Latos’ comments yesterday about how awful and unfair it was that the Giants go out and acquire players in the middle of the season didn’t go over very well around these parts. They also didn’t go over very well with his own teammates, it seems.
Dan Hayes, who covers the Padres for the North County Times, just tweeted that “a veteran Padres player expressed disappointment” at Latos’ comments, saying “it’s just not smart.”
I agree. And I’m not sure which veteran Padres player it was who said that, but let us note that two minutes after that tweet Hayes tweeted some things Adrian Gonzalez had to say about some other stuff.
But that doesn’t mean it was Gonzalez. Perhaps Hayes just works his way around the clubhouse quickly.
- Manny Machado could join the Orioles as soon as next weekend 3
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 45
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 87
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 126
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (156)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)