Sep 30, 2010, 7:11 PM EST
Looking for an update on the negotiations between the Reds and manager Dusty Baker? Here it is.
Baker told John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer on Thursday evening that the sides are “very close” on a two-year extension and that a deal should be finalized before the end of the regular season.
“We’re close,” Baker said. “Very close. We’ve been close for a while.”
Hal McCoy of the Dayton Daily News reported earlier today that a three-year deal was being discussed, which still may be the case if options are included.
Baker led the Reds to their first playoff appearance and first National League Central title in 15 years this season and is about to reap the reward. That reward being job security.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)