Sep 30, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
Hal McCoy of the Dayton Daily News is reporting that the Reds and Dusty Baker are really close to signing a three-year extension to keep Baker on as manager. All that’s left, McCoy says, is” dotting I’s and crossing T’s.” Jeez, I know the Reds do things on a budget, but you’d think they’d at least get a couple of laptops by now instead of doing everything longhand.
An announcement won’t be made about it before at least next week, McCoy says, and maybe not until after the playoffs, because Baker doesn’t like distractions. Of course, now that this report is out there, it’s probably more of a distraction if the team doesn’t announce it and folks keep speculating. If they say he’s got a deal it’s a one-day story.
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 3
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 196
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 92
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 30
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (196)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (93)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (84)