Sep 30, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
Hal McCoy of the Dayton Daily News is reporting that the Reds and Dusty Baker are really close to signing a three-year extension to keep Baker on as manager. All that’s left, McCoy says, is” dotting I’s and crossing T’s.” Jeez, I know the Reds do things on a budget, but you’d think they’d at least get a couple of laptops by now instead of doing everything longhand.
An announcement won’t be made about it before at least next week, McCoy says, and maybe not until after the playoffs, because Baker doesn’t like distractions. Of course, now that this report is out there, it’s probably more of a distraction if the team doesn’t announce it and folks keep speculating. If they say he’s got a deal it’s a one-day story.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 44
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 15
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)