Oct 1, 2010, 2:00 PM EDT
Adam Wainwright was on ESPN Radio in St. Louis yesterday, and he went off on Jack Clark for saying that the Cardinals were quitters:
Those were stupid comments. Hopefully he knows that anyways. You got
a guy who likes to hear himself talk, that’s all it is. You notice in
every big situation, whether it’s McGwire or with our team, guys like
that always have their opinions out in the papers.
And Clark better be careful, or else Wainwright and the Cardinals will, I dunno, start a fight that will cause one of their teammates to get a career ending injury or something:
When you say something like that, you have to be ready for the
repercussions or the comebacks. Especially when people are in this
clubhouse and we hear things like that and then we’ll see this person
the next year and they’ll try to be our friends and laugh and smile and
talk. It’s the very same thing that started that fight in Cincinnati.
Some guy opens his mouth and talks a bunch of trash in the papers and
then tries to come out the next day and be all lovey-dovey with Molina.
It’s very similar.
If by “similar” he means “something that, in hindsight, we totally should have ignored rather than acting all big about because it got someone hurt and distracted us from the task at hand,” then yes. Yes they are.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)