Oct 1, 2010, 4:25 PM EDT
Shane Victorino is not with the Phillies today. Adrian Beltre is not with the Red Sox today. Why? Victorino’s wife had a baby last night and Beltre’s wife just went into labor this afternoon. This almost certainly ends Beltre’s season. Victorino will obviously join the Phillies before the playoffs start.
On behalf of the entire HardballTalk team, I would like to congratulate Shane Victorino and Adrian Beltre for having a way better New Year’s Eve than most of us did.
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 58
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 17
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- The 2015 Gillette Home Run Derby will have a new format 32
- Meet the Matz! The Mets call up Steven Matz to make his MLB debut 11
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 23
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)