Oct 1, 2010, 4:25 PM EDT
Shane Victorino is not with the Phillies today. Adrian Beltre is not with the Red Sox today. Why? Victorino’s wife had a baby last night and Beltre’s wife just went into labor this afternoon. This almost certainly ends Beltre’s season. Victorino will obviously join the Phillies before the playoffs start.
On behalf of the entire HardballTalk team, I would like to congratulate Shane Victorino and Adrian Beltre for having a way better New Year’s Eve than most of us did.
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12