Oct 1, 2010, 4:25 PM EDT
Shane Victorino is not with the Phillies today. Adrian Beltre is not with the Red Sox today. Why? Victorino’s wife had a baby last night and Beltre’s wife just went into labor this afternoon. This almost certainly ends Beltre’s season. Victorino will obviously join the Phillies before the playoffs start.
On behalf of the entire HardballTalk team, I would like to congratulate Shane Victorino and Adrian Beltre for having a way better New Year’s Eve than most of us did.
- Giants rout Royals 11-4 in Game 4 to even up the World Series at 2-2 14
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 62
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 33
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 36
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (107)