Oct 1, 2010, 4:25 PM EDT
Shane Victorino is not with the Phillies today. Adrian Beltre is not with the Red Sox today. Why? Victorino’s wife had a baby last night and Beltre’s wife just went into labor this afternoon. This almost certainly ends Beltre’s season. Victorino will obviously join the Phillies before the playoffs start.
On behalf of the entire HardballTalk team, I would like to congratulate Shane Victorino and Adrian Beltre for having a way better New Year’s Eve than most of us did.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 238
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 141
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (247)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (156)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)