Oct 1, 2010, 4:25 PM EDT
Shane Victorino is not with the Phillies today. Adrian Beltre is not with the Red Sox today. Why? Victorino’s wife had a baby last night and Beltre’s wife just went into labor this afternoon. This almost certainly ends Beltre’s season. Victorino will obviously join the Phillies before the playoffs start.
On behalf of the entire HardballTalk team, I would like to congratulate Shane Victorino and Adrian Beltre for having a way better New Year’s Eve than most of us did.
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 96
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 66
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 51
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (96)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)