Oct 1, 2010, 8:25 PM EST
Craig informed us early this morning that Rays manager Joe Maddon was thinking about starting David Price on Saturday against the Royals. Not so. It turns out that Price is expected to pitch two innings in relief, according to Marc Topkin of the St. Petersburg Times.
Either Jeremy Hellickson or Andy Sonnanstine are set to start the ballgame. An official announcement won’t be made until after tonight’s game, according to the Tampa Tribune.
Price’s appearance was going to be pretty brief, anyway — just a mere tune-up for Game 1 of the ALDS next Wednesday — so it doesn’t really matter if he starts the game or not. Of course, there’s still the outside chance that Price could walk away from the game with his 20th win. You know, if you’re into that sort of thing.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)