Oct 1, 2010, 8:25 PM EDT
Craig informed us early this morning that Rays manager Joe Maddon was thinking about starting David Price on Saturday against the Royals. Not so. It turns out that Price is expected to pitch two innings in relief, according to Marc Topkin of the St. Petersburg Times.
Either Jeremy Hellickson or Andy Sonnanstine are set to start the ballgame. An official announcement won’t be made until after tonight’s game, according to the Tampa Tribune.
Price’s appearance was going to be pretty brief, anyway — just a mere tune-up for Game 1 of the ALDS next Wednesday — so it doesn’t really matter if he starts the game or not. Of course, there’s still the outside chance that Price could walk away from the game with his 20th win. You know, if you’re into that sort of thing.
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 0
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 33
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 27
- Baseball is dying, you guys (148)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)