Oct 1, 2010, 8:25 PM EDT
Craig informed us early this morning that Rays manager Joe Maddon was thinking about starting David Price on Saturday against the Royals. Not so. It turns out that Price is expected to pitch two innings in relief, according to Marc Topkin of the St. Petersburg Times.
Either Jeremy Hellickson or Andy Sonnanstine are set to start the ballgame. An official announcement won’t be made until after tonight’s game, according to the Tampa Tribune.
Price’s appearance was going to be pretty brief, anyway — just a mere tune-up for Game 1 of the ALDS next Wednesday — so it doesn’t really matter if he starts the game or not. Of course, there’s still the outside chance that Price could walk away from the game with his 20th win. You know, if you’re into that sort of thing.
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 5
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 53
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 27
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 131
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” 90
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (131)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)