Oct 1, 2010, 8:25 PM EST
Craig informed us early this morning that Rays manager Joe Maddon was thinking about starting David Price on Saturday against the Royals. Not so. It turns out that Price is expected to pitch two innings in relief, according to Marc Topkin of the St. Petersburg Times.
Either Jeremy Hellickson or Andy Sonnanstine are set to start the ballgame. An official announcement won’t be made until after tonight’s game, according to the Tampa Tribune.
Price’s appearance was going to be pretty brief, anyway — just a mere tune-up for Game 1 of the ALDS next Wednesday — so it doesn’t really matter if he starts the game or not. Of course, there’s still the outside chance that Price could walk away from the game with his 20th win. You know, if you’re into that sort of thing.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 72
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 34
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)